The Reef Tank banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, an update. blenny (breathing a little hard), marron and both cardinals are still alive. Almost all of the coral is doing ok except for the devils hand and he just might not like where I put him. I now have brown algea like I did in the beginning with the 55 gal

My humu in my buddy's 75 gal is still alive and eating.

Thanks,
Tony

· Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I agree 100%. Now that I think about it, we didn't re acclimate anything. Once we new the water was what we thought was good, everybody went back into the pool. Snails, crabs and starfish still seem ok
IF you did not realclimate anything, this probably was the main issue IMO.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
did you not cycle the tank and just everything from the last tank? if so did you acclimate the fish? i did this same way the other day
The 55 had cycled. I didnt cycle the 100 because I was under the inpression that what we did was like doing a 50% water change. However it appears that it has cycled anyway. Of all the possible reasons I have read on the internet, a mini cycle or O2 deprivation seems to be the best guesses thus far. I am a noob at this SW buisness and thought that i had everything under control. Bazinga, guess again.

Tony

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Trial and error, that's how we learn.

Let things mellow for a bit, you probably will be good after a few weeks.

Good refurb model for Ro/Di www.spectrpure.com $120.00 + $19.00 shipping.
That's exactly what I will. Keep checking my water and adding nothing new. Feed very little and cross my fingers.

What GPD RO/DI is recommended?

Thanks,
Tony

· Premium Member
9,665 Posts
That's exactly what I will. Keep checking my water and adding nothing new. Feed very little and cross my fingers.

What GPD RO/DI is recommended?

Thanks,
Tony
I run a 120 GPD, that being said I run it constantly to keep up. Including sumps I sit with about 600 gallons of saltwater.

· Registered
393 Posts
You can get whatever size you need. You should calculate how much water you go through in a day and go from there. My tank evaporates about 1 gallon a day and I do about a 14 gallon w/c weekly so that translates to about 24 gallons a week (I rounded up to 10 gallons a week for evap). I have a 24gpd RO system and that suits me just fine. Bigger tanks will need higher GPD ratings, but just be aware that you probably won't actually get the amount of GPD advertised. Most people find they get less than the unit is rated for.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.