The Reef Tank banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3pm deadline: Aynone need LR

843 views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  tico mike 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm going to be ordering some LR from SDC for Friday delivery. I'm going to place my order at 2pm today.

All liverock is listed as uncured although some comes more cured that others. Pick up must be Friday or Saturday.

Comes in 50lb boxes and I won't split boxes. Prices include shipping. I am not ordering this as a business, just doing it for a friend, so I expect that if you say you will take some, you do not back out and leave me with live rock.

Totoka - ~3.50-3.75lb
Fiji ~3.25-3.50lb
Fiji Brach (nicer stuff) ~3.50
Tonga Branch ~3.50-3.75lb
Marshall Island ~4.50-3.75/lb

#4 ·
I like how people always pm me these kind of questions...so I'll answer your question here as well...I guess to me this sums it up:

I am not ordering this as a business, just doing it for a friend
This has been done in the past by people who have ordered things for people in the club at a discount. Is Razercorals making any money off this? Nope. So to me, it's not commercial. Since I'm trying to be consistent, I haven't moved the other threads, and that's why I hadn't moved this...

That said, I see your point, and I don't think other sponsors of the site would care for this either, so I'll move it.

In the future, if you have a problem with something, or find something questionable, please send one of the local mods a pm/email instead. :)

#5 ·
Good point. But he's not making any money off it now, is he?

And that's been one of the biggest problems, IMO. There are plenty of people who I know who can buy stuff at wholesale, yet they aren't "commercial," and it's hard to prove they are commercial as well. It's hard to enforce, and when it's not, you're bound to tick someone off. Trust me when I say I've heard every single argument when it comes to issues like this. There have been other posts similar to this, and no one commercial ever brought this up until now.

#8 · (Edited)
For you, great. Have a nice argument with yourself... :)

I'm not quite sure what your point is, but it is this continual bickering from every direction that is really old. During the day I deal with enough serious things that I don't need to deal with stuff here.

And if you feel the need to get in the last word. Feel free. I'll then lock the thread afterwards, that way it won't be "unfair" to you. :) That's what I don't get. Was I somehow an ******* in my responses to you?

#19 ·
D - Thanks for the lesson, I knew that Mville was a song, just didn't know if he was refering to an actual place.

mtfat - I need to research that. I dig those books. As for country music, I listen to everything from Husker Du, the Replacements and Soul Asylum (my favorites) to country and the Dead.

D- The band name doesn't surprise me. ;)

#20 ·
mnreefgeek said:
D - Thanks for the lesson, I knew that Mville was a song, just didn't know if he was refering to an actual place.

mtfat - I need to research that. I dig those books. As for country music, I listen to everything from Husker Du, the Replacements and Soul Asylum (my favorites) to country and the Dead.

D- The band name doesn't surprise me. ;)
Husker Du! Really. My sister was married to the bass players brother. We haven't seen Bob (Mould) in years, but we do see Gregg (Norton-bass player) regularly. He has a new band now, they just played first ave last week. The last time I heard about the Drummer Grant (whos drug habbits broke up the band) he was playing in Lita Fords backup band in the late 90's.

#21 ·
I saw Bob play at the benefit for Karl Mueller last year. Grant showed up at the end of Bob's short solo set and they did Hardly Getting Over It and one other.

I thought that I saw Grant was playing one of the local festivals this sumer, I could be wrong.

I heard about Gregg's gig after the fact, I think that would have been fun.

#22 ·
Blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender,
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.

I can see the point of the wholesale thing now, and the need for the MO thing.....I see the light!:cool:

#24 ·
"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Carl Reiner Band!" - from the intro to "The Weather is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful", Jimmy Buffett, as he laments a few of the woes of leading a band...

OK, so, my graduating class at So. St. Paul Senior High included me, of course, but also Tim Pawlenty and Grant Hart. And numerous other characters.

Tim sat next to The Lovely And Talented Mrs Thegrimreefer at our 20th reunion. Grant was a no-show, as I recall...

#25 ·
mnreefgeek said:
I saw Bob play at the benefit for Karl Mueller last year. Grant showed up at the end of Bob's short solo set and they did Hardly Getting Over It and one other.

I thought that I saw Grant was playing one of the local festivals this sumer, I could be wrong.

I heard about Gregg's gig after the fact, I think that would have been fun.
Gregg has a 5 star restaurant down by red wing, he is also a master chef! It is called Norton's I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.