1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My reef tank is set up as follows:

Tank started August 8th 2002.

Tank

38 gallon glass 36" x 12" x 18". 50 lbs live rock. 40lbs sand. Started with 20lbs live 20lbs not so live.

Drilled overflow box.

Lighting

Jalli A88 light fixture with 2x96 watt bulbs. One 7000k daylight and one 7100k actinic.

Sump

Overflow leads down to a 10 gallon glass sump. Prefilter material in a hang-on box.

SR4 protein skimmer which is 24" tall attached to a Rio 1700 venturi pump.

150 watt Ebo-Jager heater.

Some cheap Pondmaster return pump which works well for me.

Livestock

One Pearly Jawfish, Van De Kamp, added 08.24.02.

Two Zebra/Bar Gobies, Brian and Stewie, added 09.08.03.

Various Ricordea added 09.14.03. One dark maroon, one and brown striped(from Indonesia) whose name happens to be Gregory, and about 14 greenish/red.

One zoanthid that I got free from some nice guy at a fish store. ;)

Couple of turbos, asteria(sp?), and a couple of hermits.

I hope to have some pictures in about < 1 weeks time.

Peace,
MPLS_Gazer

·
Registered
693 Posts
Gazer, good start. I have that same light...pretty stupid the legs don't reach the sides, huh? I think it was designed for an acrylic euro tank, from what I've heard. If those are the original Jalli bulbs in there, DITCH them..hehe...I got a hamilton 96w actinic at SF, and putting the two (jalli and hamilton) side by side you'll be blown away by the brighter, bluer light.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictuers Galore

A big hardy thank you goes to Twins Guy for coming over and taking these great(IMHO) pictures. He also gave me some great pointers on top off systems and the like.

Here's a picture of my whole tank:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
adjust your drip rate so that your replenishment matches evaporation-if possible! it will take some tinkering and being right on is not totally critical except that you will experience some salinity changes. you may also keep an eye on your pH which you don't want to bump too much (if its too elevated back off on the drip rate).

didn't you also add something else like a plastic plant, or a background or a new LIGHT? perhaps i'm mistaken-:lol:
tg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doh!

Oh yeah, thanks Rich. Yeah I guess I did drop a buttl$$d of money on lights. I picked up a 96w 50/50 light. A Jalli A-15 to be exact. So now I have 1 96w 7100k daylight, 1 96w 10000k actinic, and a 96w 50/50 bulb.

So that's 288 watts over 38 galllons. Or 7.5 w/g which is a meaningless figure. But there you have it.

My shroom Gregory grew to exponential porportions when he got used to the light. Yay!

Peace,
MPLs_Gazer

·
Registered
19 Posts
tank looks good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.