The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it goes again :beer:

im going to keep the intro short and have alot of pics through out the thread.

The tank is a 35 gallon hex thats 20" wide and 24" tall. Its going to be a soft/LPS/clams tank. As far as fish go i have no IDEA yet.( but thinking clowns ) for lights i am using A clip on the back 150 watt MH fixture. For the sump a 5 gal bucket. and thats the basics of the tank, id rather have picture do most of the talking as much as possible!!!

thanks matt

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tank, light, skimmer!!

just waiting on 2 diamond hole saws to get here from hong kong so i can drill 3 holes and start plumbing the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update!

well my diamond hole saws still are not here:eek: so i went to homedepot and got the rest of my plumbing stuff. i had to get so many adapters to plumb my SCWD and mag7. elbow after slip after clip after hose after PVC pipe and on and on. an i cant even get started cause i have no holes in my tank.

but i am getting 60 pounds of LR this weekend and hopefully my saws will be here too.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
How do you like the Ryobi drill?Does it have a lot of power and torque?Does it last long on a charge?They have so many attachments.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drilling is no FUN!!!

today i sstopped by a friends house ( walked across the street, he's lives 3 houses down from me ) and picked up a 10 gal to do some practice drilling. my first try i shattered a side, 2nd try another side gone, 3rd try i made it, and the next 4 trys i broke the rest of the tank. so i got on TRT and asked for some:help:. i went to my lfs picked up another 10 gal and gave it another go. and with my new advice i did it but not once but twice:thumbup:.

now i have to do the real tank. but that is gonna have to wait til tommorow night.
here are some pics of the 10 gal i wrecked, and the one i drilled.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
your 35 sounds like it will be very nice:), you can tell if a tank is tempered by looking at the brand and then going to that companys website, there you can get all the info...including which sides are tempered sometimes the bottom is not but the sides are. They will give you all the stats on the tank you are looking to drill.

·
Registered
349 Posts
cause on the bottom of my hex it says bottom of this tank is tempered glass so maybe the sides are to il check it out 2mrow. hope they're not cause then im screwed and il have to go with another tank.
I hope you find something:thumbup: goodluck

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but, I just asked my hubby and he says that if it only says the bottom is tempered then the sides are probably not tempered. the company was warning you where the tempered glass is. BUT please still check with the manufacture! I just wanted to give you some hope for the night :)

1 - 20 of 349 Posts