The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I liked the first Solana so much, I picked up a second one.

The plan for this one is going to be more of a softy setup. The corals (ricordia, yumas, zoos and button polyps) will come from the current 24g.

I'll also be moving my most mature pair of True Perculas from their current home in the 24g.

Lighting will be the same as the other Solana, Current USA 24" 150W MH.

The plan once we get moved will be to set one up in each corner of the living room.

Going with a sandbed again with rock lifts. Since I have 2 tubes of Weld-On 16 this time, it won't take near as long to get these built. Hopefully I can get the material purchased and built this weekend.

This tank and stand was purchased used. The top of the stand had enough water damage that the tank could not safely be put on it. A new stand was ordered but it had issues as well. Got the replacement stand last night. Seems that the stand was made in China on a Friday afternoon and the pre-drilled holes for the door were way too close to the edge of the wood causing the wood to split when the screws were put in. I caught it before it did too much damage. Re-drilled the holes this evening and all is well.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still don't have the MH fixture but I do have a PC for it in the mean time. With things moving along with my move date, I may have a little less time to work on this one. Of course the other Solana has been great as far as the amount of maintenance needed. It does go through about 1/2g of water a day that needs to be topped of but that only takes a few minutes. I hope to be able to come up with a ATO once I get moved.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
4 posts and no pics?

you mean I'm gonna hafta read?

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the Solana did not come with the little auto top-off bottle set up? Is that just there newer tank that has that in it then, the one with the rounded front edges?
It does have the top-off bottles but the empty daily and then a little. A more efficient top-off would be much better.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 posts and no pics?

you mean I'm gonna hafta read?
Five posts and already hi-jacked:lol:

Gonna have to read at this point. Looks just like the other one did when it was empty.:nuts:

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
hmm, looking good
but I've seen that pic before :)

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stand is in the house but tank is in the garage. Since it is all in a temporary place, no more pics yet. I will probably move the tank in to warm up tomorrow night.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tank is in the house. I may try and leak check it later tonight. After Wall-E is over.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I'm not posting legibly until there are pics:D

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
This one is slightly more blurry than its brother:funny: