The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I decided to upgrade tanks last weekend. My ghetto 30g was in need of an overhaul and we are installing new hardwoods, so it was time to move the tank to another room and take advantage of the 55g (props to tony) and stand me and my dad built awhile ago. Heres a pic of the old 30g, there were cords everywhere, light fixture was 1' too big and real estate was running short.

And the new and improved 55g:

And heres a couple of shots inside the 55:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And a few more pics:

So as you can see, I'm a big fan of rics and zoas.
Equipment list:
Bak-pak w needlewheel mod (would like to upgrade this in a near futue)
Koralia 3 & Koralia 2
Won 200w heater
Nova extreme 4x54w (think about ripping this apart and using the components in a canopy with individual reflectors)
Anyways as you can see, its a pretty simple setup which works well for me since I travel alot with work and most of the time the tank is in my wife's hands (who does and excellent job, BTW)

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Looks great Ray... expect more pics to come ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tony, working on some more pics. I am awful with a camera so this might take awhile.
Fish list:
Flame Angel-6 mo.
Purple Psuedochromis-2 years
Ocellaris Clown-4 years atleast
Maybe when I upgrade the skimmer, I'll add another fish, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
any pics of the new zoa rock? i'm curious ;)

looks good.

i'd add a tomini tang as far as fish go (max size 6") great cleaners and beautiful.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skey, 3rd picture in my 2nd post is one of the newest zoa rocks (if you mean the ones from AO?). Couldnt capture how bring the orange skirts are with my camera skillz. Also bought a colony with the exact same orange skirts and a green center, but no picture yet. I was thinking about a tonomi or a kole, but a better skimmer would be in order first. Does anyone know anything about the new CNC HOB skimmer? Its stats look impressive per the thread on the RC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts