The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just set up my 30gal biocube hqi and since I work at my local fish store I have the ability to order almost anything I want. I have decided on a pair of clowns and either a yellow headed jaw fish or a blue spotted jaw fish but other than that I haven't decided what I want. I was thinking a wrasse of some sort but I don't really know which kind yet and as to the last fish I can have I have put no thought into.. any suggestions on a wrasse or another "nano" fish that would go well with my other tank inhabitants?

· Export with Care!
6,805 Posts
I have a royal gramma and a couple clowns. I find that fills it up pretty well. Anytime I have gone more fish wise in my 30g conflicts show up with space issues with the clowns. Really any more and cleaning gets a bit to heavy.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking but with a bottom dweller like the jaw fish I figured I could put at least another fish in. I have a 14gal going right now with two clowns and a goby and I have never had an algae issue and my water parameters are perfect so I figure maybe the two clowns the jaw fish and a wrasse would be a good amount for the 30. But I have done some research but not alot on the wrasses but I know I want a cleanup crew so it must be a reef/invert safe type of wrasse, any suggestions?

· Export with Care!
6,805 Posts
Bottom dweller will help. I am not real up on wrasse info but I think they tend to fall toward 6" size range from ones I have looked at.

· Registered
798 Posts
In my 30 I have two clowns, a Purple Firefish and Sixline wrasse. They all get along great. The Sixline was added last. The firefish actually hid all the time until the Sixline was added. He's now always out and about.

Check out possum wrasses, they're cool and small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.