1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
VERY nice Bubble. I've put the word out that I'm looking for one.:drool:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I like that bubble. That's not a bubble tip anenome? Right? It's some sort of soft coral? What is a kenya tree? I love softies of all sorts and am trying to learn a little more.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I am not sure I would consider bubble corals easy to keep, but they aren't extremely difficult, either. When placing them in the tank, remember that they have long sweeper tentacles. :)

And nice pics!!!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
if you ever have to move it out of the tank, make sure you shake it and make it retract before pulling it out, you can cut the flesh on the skeleton if you just pull it out.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Hold it upside down and kinda wave it in the water gently it should retract.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That was a sweet deal on the bubble coral. Someday... I'll have one.

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
thekid55 said:
thanks guys.

bubble corals are LPS. from what i have read they like low flow med light. and i got to see the tentacles last night they are really cool looking.
great shots!

we had a talk about them in the LPS area. but dont forget there are a few types too. my pearl bubble loves being under the light and a heavy flow to it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's a great deal on your bubble coral! Is it the green kind? I have a green bubble that I'm reviving right now. It's slowly coming back. I bought it when it was reviving, and got a deal on it, but nothing like your deal. I have a pink bubble coral that I've had for about 5 years. I love that thing. It's my favorite coral in the tank. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I even had it under regular fluorescents for a few years and it did fine. You'll really enjoy it. Here's the link to mine: http://www.fishregistry.net/registryitem.asp?tabactive=1&ImageShow=1439&ID=389

As you can see, my GS Maroon has hosted in it, and it's still opening up all the way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts