The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,643 Posts
Spent my birthday organizing and decluttering the garage. Best birthday ever.

Leigh wanted to take me out to hoity toity food, but I opted for dinner in and a movie.

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Afternoon all,
thoughts n prayers for Sophie , Cath 🙏

Nice to see you back here Perry, bummer on the deer v car thing. I’ve come close too many times , with observed and out of the blue jaywalking deer here. I hear ya in the doling out the money on what is the top of the heap compared to wannabes. I’ve learned age has its privileges lately.

Hack, if ya need someone to do the mandatory 🙄😉 U/W pool pre-season check, I can have my scuba stuff there ASAP , gratis, heheh.
At this point, having not gotten salty wet in the last few years, I’ll settle for golf ball recovery or collecting coins in the mall fountain , haha.

Slow start today, achy body parts to blame (my story) can’t have lidocaine patches on continuously ( stupid box instructions😩🥴) so patchless today.

Add to that, not a lot of gumpshun going on. The “I’ll make up for it tomorrow “ thing is getting old 😡.

Being a Saturday and that I did not spend much time yesterday with the fids, I did the usual Saturday am visit and tending to , and put in a bit more time with the parrots. Did the usual add/replace of wood toy parts to their respective toy assembly, along with moving toys/chew items to new locations in the cages. Firm believer of wanting/needing to keep macaws/parrots/cage birds “entertained” and active/interested , and was shown today after new/added/relocated chew/play type stuff was eagerly of interest to them. New braided ( think gum wrappers to you ol folk when wrappers were braided together in a “chain” ) jute or some kind of natural material was put in the Sun Conure’s cage tied at the cage top, they were right there to do their thing with it ( hang from while chewing it up/apart) as soon as I dropped it then the cage top.
Same thing with Molly the macaw,,, she went right to the newly added/replenished wood toy pieces on her many toy assemblies and proceeded to “beak” the easy to bust ones apart😵‍💫😩🥴🙄. I told her to at least have them last a little bit,, 45 seconds is not cool( the assorted size/shapes I buy have long lasting block shapes, along with thinner , easier to fit in her strong beak , short lived shaped ones.
( Standing order here: anyone finding cheap kid’s baby blocks at a yard sale,,, send em to,,,👍🏼, haha)
Told myself I was gonna save money and make my own wood parts, saw and drill a hole in da middle🤔🤷🏻‍♂️,,, can read tween the lines and figger out I have yet to do that 😔🫥😶. Lord knows I have plenty o wood in the pole barn lumber racks,,, that stupid “just do it “ thing evades me.

Overcast and loos like it could rain eventually, so decided today was not gonna happen for re-re-seeding of remaining bare/thin spots of the fenced in dawg yard. Watched too much seed wash away already, when it did not “take” with my many watering in sessions . Some spots that I put the seed IN the ground never produced also. Daddy gotta have his nice green section of grass goin’ on 😬🫤🤷🏻‍♂️🙏,stat.

Enuf yammering,,,sorry.

DVR’n the 24 hrs of Lemans,, started watching it and FF thru commercials and boring racing parts.Not like I’ll watch the whole thing in its entirety, more like bits n pieces until I’m bored, heheh.

Hope everyone is having a great day👍🏼

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hack, if ya need someone to do the mandatory 🙄😉 U/W pool pre-season check, I can have my scuba stuff there ASAP , gratis, heheh.
At this point, having not gotten salty wet in the last few years, I’ll settle for golf ball recovery or collecting coins in the mall fountain , haha.
I seem to recall Myrtle Beach area golf courses are all looking for fools.....I mean divers to search their water ways for balls.....seem the gator population hoards them trying to get them to hatch. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Hack

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Has anyone ever been bored enough to figure out a rough idea just how long the DAILY THREAD has been in existence.....then try to calculate the number, estimated of course, of the number of posts over the years/decades?

There's a new thread over on OneFora today asking about 'MEGA THREADS'.....MAN can we blow any 2nd place losers out of the water! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,903 Posts
Myrtle Beach beach I have fond memories of . The beach houses on the sand, no long there because of a hurricane, can’t remember which one. I also remember getting arrested my marine MPs for wearing my field jacket with civilian clothes, got me for improper uniform. . Then sent back to Fort Bragg, my commander let me go to go back and enjoy the weekend.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,643 Posts
Has anyone ever been bored enough to figure out a rough idea just how long the DAILY THREAD has been in existence.....then try to calculate the number, estimated of course, of the number of posts over the years/decades?

There's a new thread over on OneFora today asking about 'MEGA THREADS'.....MAN can we blow any 2nd place losers out of the water! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Hack
Hack I took a little bit of stats, calc and some EE math but come here to relax. Quality not quantity.

Staying in tonight for birthday food. Leigh had a fantastic night lined up, but pajamas and puppies with a movie is my choice.

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
PERRY.......shame on me for not remembering......SHAME ON ME for not picking up on this earlier.....wasn't sure if that was past tense or not.
Bottle Green Product Liquid Drink

Ain't sure if you are/aren't et, so.......

Food Cake decorating Ingredient Cake Bottle

....Oooooops, and opinionated mouse. Right back.....

Food Tableware Cake decorating Cake Cake decorating supply

THERE! :ROFLMAO:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!
Hack

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
OK 8pm it is, finally warmed up here, went up the hill and got a load of stuff she is donating to Fire Support Group.

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Most excellent! (y) :cool:

Just finished schlepping some righteous Monster B+W Malts together for the occasion. BYOS!
Hack
("Bring Your Own Straws.")

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Ya I had to go out and tarp stuff in the truck in case we get showers tonight. Daughter and grandkid went in the pool and netted out the stuff settled on bottom. I added some clarifier and after a couple days I need to change the filters and start the cleaning cycle on those

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah Doug, I enjoy our little chat sessions as well.

We had a little go with getting our pool up n running this year.......going on our 4th year with this new one. With our old 24' round above ground, I'd just drain her down every spring and call it a day. With this new one, a 33 X 18 X 52", we started leaving her filled, and deal with cleaning the water in the spring. 'Covering it' never worked for us, so suck the leaves out, turn her from green to clear, and enjoy. This year is taking a little longer. The initial 'mega shock' of chlorine didn't turn it clear enough to see the leaves, so missed a lot when I vacuumed.....and that caused it to turn green again. BLINDLY VACUUMING is tough! 2nd MEGA DOSE got her ungreen again, but cloudy....could only see 12" down....ran the filter 24/7.....today, after a week hit the pool store again, and got the 3rd MEGA DOSE in the pool.....THAT should do it.

Changed the filter sand last year, so it seems it was just too much leaves missed, and that allowed the big dose of chlorine to decay it fast and turned the water green the 2nd time.

Ohhhhhh the joys of home ownership.
Hack

21 - 40 of 41 Posts