The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...... 馃榿 .....We have a launch!

And a HUGE HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL!

Another 2 day weekend.....I'm happy.
Coffee is hot, and options for a noche (sp).....I'm going with Mr. Thomas again with his side kick orange marmalade.....Jen having a bowl of 'dry' Honey Combs....Nate? Still snorring.

Another yard weekend, perhaps working around rain events.....especially tomorrow. Pool store 1st thing when they open, then cell phone place, then somewhere else we can feel confident THEY WANT OUR MONEY.

Sorry for my absence last night...but we wasted zero time jumping into grooviness and fun.....we were WAY UP the fun creek with no where near enough paddles to turn around......we were along for the journey.

Hope an exquisite day awaits all.....feel free to share when you find something really cool to share,
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Mornin Hack. Coffee is on and just waiting for my daughter to wake up. Her and Jordan arrived last night and we also went for a trip up silly creek. Jordan had to get up and out early, he is picking up an old MG GT he bought this morning. He should be back just after lunch. The wife is working a half day to get caught up so just my daughter and I this morning. We never get father daughter time so what ever she wants to do is fine with me.

There will be a trip to the LFS this afternoon. Thoughts on that in my other thread.

Have a great day! That is an order.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.....'up on Silly Creek'......sounds like the makings of a groovy song? :unsure: ;) Now if'n we only knew of just the right Band to pull it off?

'Father Child' days are sooooo special Pal......enjoy the times! Hack and I had one to lead us off on last night's adventure down 'Sill Creek'......dinner out, and then we met up with momma and then all OH HECK YEAH broke loose.

Hope a pleasant surprise awaits you at the lfs.
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like with family over might not get a chat in this evening. Hope Hack can pop in a bit.
I look forward to our weekly 'unwinder', it's just things pop up......last night just lost all track of EVERYTHING! And it was just seemingly 'small' stuff that made for a very cool evening together......man when We 'banter' WE BANTER! :unsure: :cool:
("HIT SEND yobo!")
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Morning everyone. Sorry I have been out of pocket. Settled in now at work.

Also, I hit a deer at 5 am going 70 and totaled out my pampered beloved manual transmission Sentra. It was so sad.

Just bought a clean one owner Altima yesterday with all the dealer services and only 57k miles. It is nice except for the speakers and stereo (hello Crutchfield) and garish gold pinstripes on a dark red colored car that follow a weird line. Those are coming off as soon as my heat gun arrives from Amazon today.

Of course the fancy mats that can hold liquids and snow are on the way along with a custom fitted trunkmat. I don't like that universal stuff. Wrong place to save 200 bucks to do it up right.

Got a lot of gardening on the agenda, and of course cleaning out the other half of the garage. Leigh's daughter is home from college and we have to move cars every morning. This will help being able to park two in the garage.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!!

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

thanks for the coffee and breakfast goodies, guys! I鈥檓 going to add scrambled eggs with cheese and nanners and local strawberries. Rick, did I hear you say that you have a variety of strawberries up there that keep producing berries all summer or something like that?

Hack - it鈥檚 about time you get another two day weekend! I think that all happened every weekend all the time. Good grief you put in more than your share of sweat and injuries! Enjoy your family time!

Rick - that is fantastic you get to spend time with your daughter! What kind of things does she like to do?
Your son bought an MG GT!? We need photos. Who gets to work on it besides you?馃槈

68掳 and going u ton87 today. We鈥檙e going to have a hot week ahead of us, going up to 97 on Wednesday. I hope we get the showers that are in the forecast are dry around here.
On Thursday Sophie wasn鈥檛 feeling well at all. She was passing blood here and there. I was really worried about her especially since she鈥檚 20 years old. I really thought it was the end of the line for her. I called Bobbi and she came over and I called the vet to let her know what was going on. Bobbi went with me to offer support. We had to wait a long time to see the vet. After some tests, the vet said Sophie had a UTI. We came home with two weeks worth of antibiotics and painkiller. I鈥檓 not so sure about that painkiller, it made Sophie a little bit wobbly. She is doing some better now, but still has a little bit of urgency when she needs to pee. That was a huge relief to find out that Sophie wasn鈥檛 at her end! Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Not sure what I鈥檓 gonna be doing today, but I鈥檒l keep busy.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!
Not sure what I鈥檓 gonna be doing today, but I鈥檒l keep busy.

Super Moderator
Perry!! Great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your Sentra being totaled in a deer accident. Hope you were not hurt.

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning all.

it鈥檚 going be be take stuff to antique shop. Yard and afternoon and evening food truck challenge. Car and bike show along with concert. A lineup of famous and not so famous country stars. It鈥檚 free admission.
We had a big storm roll in last night.
Perry, is it automatic or standard transmission. The automatic are CV transmissions, Jacob and Gabi had one and it cost 4500 to replace it . You pretty much have to buy a new one because no one rebuilds them.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Cath! Sophie is 'covered'. (y)

I typically don't believe in the old cliche of having 'too much of a good thing'.....But I will add a qualifier here......It may be in the realm of Avogadro's number calculating the moles in U92......talking HUGE AMOUNTS! But yes, I guess it is 'possible' to have 'too much of a good thing'....I just ain't seen it yet...kinda like aliens....you know, the 'space ones'. :ROFLMAO:Sitting here dripping in melted butter and globs of Orange marmalade peeking the dogs interests.

Hack

Retired Wanderer
Perry!! Great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your Sentra being totaled in a deer accident. Hope you were not hurt.
Shaken, not Stirred Cath.

Hope Sophie gets better.

Reactions: cath

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Holy cow. Lots going on in here today! Everyone is up and at em.

Perry glad you are OK. That is bad bad bad and almost impossible to avoid.

Cath I think my daughter and I are gonna go to the thrift store and look for fun stuff. There is also rumours we may go to the craft store to get charcoals and chalk. She has decided we need to decorate the back yard. She has loved sidewalk art since she was little & now at 25 still draws something to leave behind every time she visits. Looks like we are going to tag team something this time. It is nice out but not warm enough to swim so 鈥渁rt鈥 it is.

No pics of the GT yet. It will be stripped down and is getting a V8 stuffed into it. He has a 鈥76 MGB roadster that my daughter is claiming as hers now.

Super Moderator
Cath, Sophie is in our thoughts and prayers. They are like infants and can tell you what鈥檚 wrong or what they need.

Administrator
My my what a busy morning :) Welcome back Perry, bummer on deer vs Sentra, well played on shaken not stirred.
Cath so glad to hear Sophie is better, she's been with you along time. Itcwasn't too long after TRT started she came into your life.. dang allergies, it just hit me that in a week
It will be 3 years since Kai crossed Rainbow Bridge. Furgee is such a sweet girl, she really fills the hole in my heart.
Hack another 2 day weekend, wow
Rick so he is getting an MGB hatchback that is getting a V8 transplant? Nice.
Vinny hope the storm wasnt to bad, we are cooling off, rain later this evening so I need to get ore yard work done.
Hope the day is kind to everyone, hopefully we can meet up tonight, 8pm EST works for me if it's easier for those on right side

Super Moderator
Morning Doug,

it wasn鈥檛 supposed to rain for at least a week, but they were wrong. It was a heavy downpour with thunder and lightning. Cooked things down last night. But now it like a stream pot outside.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mid to upper 70's, depending wether the sun is out or not......skies......look as though they could open up any minute.....'feels it' also.

Got the Cheese burgers and hot dogs ready though, so dig in......atttttt, that one's mine. :ROFLMAO:

Got some of the grandbabies coming over in a smidge to hoot n hollor and generally carry on as Grandbabies do....JEN, you're up!:unsure:;)
Pool is 'OFFICIALLY' OPEN now......steps are in, and looking, FEELING GOOD.(y) Summer has arrived NOW!:cool:......:unsure:.......well actually the cool grey day.

Peace and HOPE for Everyone,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Growing up when we had Hot Dogs, and option was Heinz 'Hot Dog Relish'.....a mustard/relish combo......just a THING I liked since a kid. In recent years been NONE ABLE TO LOCATE round here......found it again this week.....one of the few 'memories' of food related things I actually remembered correctly, and STILL LIKE.
Food Condiment Plant Ingredient Canning

If any of you have tried and like it, it's available again.
Hack

Super Moderator
Hi, everyone!

Thanks for everyone鈥檚 kind comments about Sophie getting better every day. She鈥檚 my special girl. Vinnie, you were so right about Sophie an infant. She communicates to me all the time, so how would I know when one of those communications is a whimper because she hurts?

Rick, but you and your dad have schemed up sounds like great fun! Please take photos of what you do.
-Funny thing about the V-8. I know perfectly well what it V8 is, But when I read your post the 2nd time, all I could think of was the V8 tomato drink. 馃お馃槤馃槀

Hack - if I only lived closer. I鈥檇 be right there with my veggie burger for you to grill in a special section.

Shaken, not Stirred Cath.
Good one, Perry.

8 PM Eastern is good for me for a chat as well.

See you all later.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
8p, God willing, sounds like a GO fer me as well. I will try not to let fun get in the way again......Hack has His Dungeons n Dragons going on this evening, and PLANNING going on now. Not with a ladder and a butterfly net could I grasp that stuff...so please NO QUESTIONS! :cautious:

Cath I have been called upon with my magical spatulas to flip 'veggie' burgers, so I would give them the utmost care n love.(y):cool:
Hack

1 - 20 of 41 Posts