The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
has anyone modded their 29g BIOCUBE hood with T5's? i'd love to have T5's but want to keep the clean look of the canopy.
Do T5s come the length you need? I gutted my 14 gal. Bio and used LEDs.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i'm sure that somewhere out there is T5 bulb that would fit, but i would like to know if anyone else has attempted this and had a succesful install. i currently have LEDS on my cube and i'm not impressed with them.
Just out of curiousity, what type LEDs did you go with?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiousity, what type LEDs did you go with?
i went with the nanotuners 5.6 ugpgrade.

2 strips of edison royal blue
2 strips of edison cool white
1 strip of 50/50

silenx fans
meanwell driver
r2 moonlights

the retrokit is a top notch product, but i think it's just overkill for such a small tank, also i've struggled to keep my substrate from browning since the install. i acclimated the tank to the lights over a 1 month period using egg crate and 5 layers of screen. I probably should have went with a dimmable driver. IMO....i think stock lighting or a T5 upgrade is the ultimate way to go.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i went with the nanotuners 5.6 ugpgrade.

2 strips of edison royal blue
2 strips of edison cool white
1 strip of 50/50

silenx fans
meanwell driver
r2 moonlights

the retrokit is a top notch product, but i think it's just overkill for such a small tank, also i've struggled to keep my substrate from browning since the install. i acclimated the tank to the lights over a 1 month period using egg crate and 5 layers of screen. I probably should have went with a dimmable driver. IMO....i think stock lighting or a T5 upgrade is the ultimate way to go.
Just got back here. Seems odd no one has done a mod (no responses). Let's go this way, why are you unhappy? Post a pic so we can see how the light looks although I know it won't be the same as live, it will give an indication. I don't think it is over-kill. Do you keep SPS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.