Ok so I've been fighting vermatid snails and some sort of red flatworms that I can't quite tell if they are bugging corals or not. I also hated my aquascape as well as the blue background I had.
I also was sick of the gurgle noise from my single drain from my overflow box, I had it tuned to be fairly quiet but it was still a bit much being in my bedroom.
So I decided to tear down the tank and mod my eshopps overflow for a custom herbie drain. I decided while its down I might as well paint the background black and re aquascape the tank since I've had about 25 pounds of pukani dry rock from BRS cooking for approximately 2 months.
Oh yeah, me and my step dad built a new stand as well.
So over the course of the last few days I have torn down the tank and set up a spare Fluval 29 gallon tank I had sitting around in my moms room to house the corals, snails, and clown fish.
I then proceeded to take the tank outside to clean it up and prepare it for plumbing and painting.
I ordered my plumbing stuff from BRS, I ordered blue 1 inch pvc for my drains, and schedule 80 fittings, unions, and gate valve since they just look nicer with the coloured pvc.
Draining the tank while Masking off the front, sides, top, and bottom:
Stand moved inside, tank in final resting position, ready for water:
Here the aquascape is finished; it's partially secured with TLF 2 part epoxy and partially secured with copious amounts of BRS thick gel cyanoacrylate:
Close up of tunnel/cave, and left overhang:
Close up of right overhang:
Shot from above showing coral real estate:
Finished, and filled with water:
Showing tank position in the room:
Clowns happy in their new home: