The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
I would think you're fine. Parameters are in range, tank is able to process food, why not?

Little clowns ARE harder to keep- much more delicate.

Could you start with a cheap $4.99 Damsel for a few weeks first? Then you can be sure your water is fine, and can buy the clowns (and/or return the damsel) without second thoughts

·
Banned
959 Posts
I say just go for it. Get them. Your tank looks great, the parameters are stable, just get the clowns. As long as they're not TOO small (Under 3/4 inch), they'll be great! Tank bred is nice since they get used to the food and conditions in artificial reefs

·
Banned
959 Posts
Also, I do not recommend a damsel "test fish". You should never add any fish if you're not confident that your tank is ready for it, so no need for a test. Also damsels are nasty and incredibly hard to catch. So good call on not going that route.
I was not suggesting he should use it to "cycle" the tank, as it already has good parameters. Also, as the only fish, how hard could it be lol?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.