The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this biocube has been through a lot but I think i've found a combination that works. I have been growing kenya tree, hairy mushrooms, button polyps, and xenia in the tank for about 2 months and it's all been doing good. I just added a dwarf lionfish and he's very healthy, i'll be feeding him live ghost shrimp. I'll be keeping this tank BB. Will post pictures later, just felt it was time to start the thread.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should be able to get the lion to eat pellets its pretty easy
I know but I have an easy supply of live food so I will just catch them and keep them in a small aerated tank.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got him a bunch of ghost shrimp and he's eating anything I throw in there :)
I don't know if i'm going to keep this tank BB, my family doesn't like the look and I think the lion would like it more if there was sand. I will post pictures soon.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
agreed, I like the look of sand. Even if you do epoxy sand bed.....I would do sand.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just don't want corraline algae on my sand :rolleyes:
There's only about 300 gph in my biocube so I won't have a problem with it blowing around.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tank going pretty easy. I just ordered 50 more pounds of marco rock for my big tank so this tank will probably get some and be reaquascaped as well. I think I may add sand to this tank, it looks too boring as is.
I also added caulerpa. The corals are all still doing great. Bulbs need replacing bad...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wow! Amazing fish. Lets get some more pics:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
So the Ushio has all the correct spectrums and will fit into the lamp that came with the hqi? And what did you do for timing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts