The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 gallon aga. 35lbs of Marshall Island LR. Loads of water movement (an empty AC 110, two AC 50 powerheads and a remora skimmer. Last week I removed 3 inches of sand so now I'm BB. I couldn'd believe the amount of crud in the sand bed. I pulled out buckets of filth!!!! I can't imagine how much better my critters feel now that all of that detritus has been removed (and the sand bed was only 6 months old)

SO now what? Grin. How many fish can I keep in a 29 BB? Right just now I have 2 cleaner shrimp, a few zoas, a ric and a monti cap. Can you load a BB more than a SB tank?

Thanks from a newbie to BB.

·
lazy reefer
919 Posts
well it depends on the fish and your maintenance schedule. weather or not things are compatible... i really would suggest keeping to smallerfish. and go it 1 at a time and figure out what impact that one fish has on the load of your tank. i woul not have any more then 5 inches of fish personaly and id be very picky about them

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
You're probably limited more by the size of your tank than anything else. In other words, a 29 gal tank is only about 30 inches long and most fish will need more room than that to swim around and be happy. The smaller fish (that stay small) will do just fine. Some people do stock their BB tanks more heavily, but you will want to add one at a time and see how it affects the balance of the tank. HTH

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...a few more...

Here are my tank specs..

29 gallon AGA and stand.

2 x Aquaclear 50 powerheads

1 Aquaclear 110 HOB filter that's empty and used just for water movement.

1 AquaC Remora skimmer with surface skimmer box and maxijet 1200 powerhead.

oh almost forgot...my lighting is a Sunpod 30" 150w 14,000k MH.

Thanks for letting me share.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Hay Miniwhinny! I just say Tinkerbell!She was at my work(childrens Hospital) last month!That's the world smallest horse!But I told him I had a smaller one and he said nope and I said yep,I have a seahorse!He didn't think it was funny.Oh well,It's smaller!

·
Pinch That Penny
2,240 Posts
Hey I see ur 29. I work weekends at oasis. Looking nice there. How's that anthelia and kenya tree you got from john looking?????? Ric is looking good too.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey I like the Seahorse joke...works for me ;) Got my little horses beat by 22 inches hahahha.

Hey, luvmylo...the little frags are very happy. It's just so nice to be able to shopping for Saltwater goodies here in Central Oregon. Makes a nice change from having to drive for 3 1/2 hours and John has some great stuff. Everything in my tank came from Oasis (is that a plug or what LOL!) Oh 'cept the rocks and I had those before you guys opened.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luvmylo...not SWR but...tell John the goldfish I bought today...well...I just watched my Red Heeler dive under water in my pond and eat it so I'll be coming back in for another !!!!!! I give up. That's 11 chickens, two dead dogs, a dead horse, three cats and goodness knows how many rats, mice and lizards ALL eaten by this beast !!!!!!!!! Don't ask, just DON"T ask !!!!!!

·
Pinch That Penny
2,240 Posts
Hey thanks for the plug=) John really works hard at keeping good stuff and pricing fair. He takes care of the tanks in the store like he would at home. (well charisse, justin and I do LOL) jk jk jk. He's a good guy. Glad to hear that stuff he gave you is working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts