The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now that I have your attention ;) .....just wanted to share a picture of my baby bangaiis that were born last night. Needless to say he had 27.

Attachments

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
That's great Sally!!! Are these second generation?

Jenn

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
807 Posts
CONGRATS Now the fun part trying to raise the younguns. Keep us updated on the progress.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: 27 fish in a 10 gallon??

ckreef said:
Just Glad I'm not a Cardinal Fish --- Would hate to even think of me having just one. LOL :eek: :funny:
Charles, me too...the fish doesn't eat the whole time he is carrying....poor guy!

Jenn, yes these are second generation.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Boy i bet they loose weight.....................lol...............
That is great sally............

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Awesome Sally. Let me know if you are ready to sell any.

Ray

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Sally, I'm happy for you!

You've certainly got the right environment for those cardinals to be birthing so many so often!

Congrats!

Bob

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ATLe46.....I'll add you to the list of those who would like some. Right now they are a little larger than a grain of rice....in about 10 weeks they will be the size of the nickel. and eating prepared foods. That is usually when I sell them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's great Sally! Sounds like your back in business.

I have a Rasta Leather when you are interested. It's a really good size piece already attached to rock. Do you happen to have anything to trade?

Let me know,

Pam

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats pretty niffty, I learned something new today, I had no idea that the males had the babies. How exactally does that happen, and I two would also be interested in purchasing some once they are larger. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AtlFishBoy: The female releases the eggs.....male fertilizes them and then holds them in his mouth for 21-28 days until they are free swimming fry. He does not eat the whole time he is holding. Fascinating to watch the whole mating ritual. I'll let you know when they are ready.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for the fish lesson Sally, I feel just a little bit smarter now. I bet if humans had to do the same thing, the propagation of the species would significantly slow. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts