The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
220 Gallons.

Have 18 fish in it at the moment. Fish are fine everything seem to be doing good besides the coral.... All fish are reef friendly. We have an outbreak of ICK...

The levels are
Alkalinity-11.5
Magnesium-1600
Calcium-430
Ph-8.2
Salinity-.024

Here are a few pictures...

Attachments

·
Big Fishy
1,068 Posts
If you have an Ick out break, I don't think the fish are fine.

Your magnesium is high, as well as your alkalinity, but it doesn't look too bad.

What exactly is the problem? Bleaching? If you can give us more information it would speed things up like types of coral, age of tank, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate results, type of lights, filtration, etc.

·
Big Fishy
1,068 Posts
The age of your tank might be to blame. 3 months is very young for a tank, and too soon to add an anemone. Although some are able to add them right away, it is stressed to wait until at least the first year has passed. Young tanks are unstable and could cause stress with the coral.

What type of bulbs are in the T5? Are they new?

I see lots of rock,..What types of coral do you have? Names would be helpful.

And as far as the rock turning from green to brown,..thats normal. The green was a normal part of the cycle, and now it will probably turn brown due to diatoms or another algae. In a few months it will probably be a nice grey color.

BTW,..I really like your aquascape. Very interesting rocks and arrangements.

·
Reef Cave
223 Posts
The age of your tank might be to blame. 3 months is very young for a tank, and too soon to add an anemone. Although some are able to add them right away, it is stressed to wait until at least the first year has passed. Young tanks are unstable and could cause stress with the coral.

What type of bulbs are in the T5? Are they new?

I see lots of rock,..What types of coral do you have? Names would be helpful.

And as far as the rock turning from green to brown,..thats normal. The green was a normal part of the cycle, and now it will probably turn brown due to diatoms or another algae. In a few months it will probably be a nice grey color.

BTW,..I really like your aquascape. Very interesting rocks and arrangements.

i agree with this... ^^^

i didnt start having luck with my tank until about 6-8 months after cycle...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts