The Reef Tank banner

210 leaking, I'm in NY!!!

466 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  clowninaround 
#1 ·
Yeah, what is the luck, i just don't understand. The tank is only 8 months old, i am on leave in NY, and my buddy calls me and says that there is only 5in left in my 210g tank.... W>>T>>F>> i called a couple guys and rangled up a 55g to hold them, until i can get back to investigate. It doesn't make any sense??? There must me a leak or crack in the bottom of the tank,,, only 8 months old... no rock slides, and 3in of sand...

#5 ·
Just got home,,, what a mess!!! the way i see it now is that i have two options.
1. keep all the fish in a 55g for 4-6 months while i go out and spend another $1000 on a new tank, and re-cycle the whole thing, cure all the rock, and sand and re-establish the tank.
2. Sell everything! Try and get a Best Offer on the fish, which still have ich, still eating like pigs and acting normal and are not cheap fish, and can be treated. same if you were to go buy a fish from the lfs, you qt then, and treat with copper anyways. There is about 200lbs of rock, two 5g buckets of sand, a skimmer, vho lights, 75g fuge, and a beautiful 210g aquarium that does not hold water.....

Any suggestions, or offers, trades????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.