The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to let everyone know the dates for the 2011 Drs. Foster and Smith Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility Open Houses! :rotflmao:

2011 OPEN HOUSE DATES: Noon - 4pm (CST)

Saturday, February 26th
<O:pSaturday, May 14th
Saturday, August 13th
<O:pSaturday, November 12th
Reserve your Open House date by emailing: [email protected]. Please include your name, address and phone number. Openings for each Open House are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis. Space is limited to 60 people (including children*) per Open House event. Tours fill up quickly so reserve your Open House date today!
<O:p</O:p

Details for Tours<O:p</O:p
  • The Open House starts at 12 (noon), CST at the facility. Facility closes at 4pm. <O:p</O:p
  • 10% OFF all purchase from the Retail Store! (The Retail Store is open from 9:00-5:00 pm CST.) <O:p</O:p
  • Specimens from the facility are available for purchase at the completion of the formal tour. Purchases must be taken home the same day of the scheduled tour. Please Note: The only accepted form of payment is a valid credit card or a Drs. Foster and Smith/LiveAquaria.com gift certificate. <O:p</O:p
  • Adequate staffing will be provided for questions and consultation with guests. <O:p</O:p
* Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
<O:p</O:p

Hope to see you all there!<O:p</O:p

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Sweet, thanks for posting that. Is anyone else going in February?

-Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
My GF and I will be going as well, first time cant wait!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My girl friend and i would car pool if your interested

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'd like to go again, have to see where my finances are in a few weeks. Maybe go to the second one instead.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Nick, let me know if you decide to go in Feb. Also, you might want to update your sig since the office cube has become freshwater. ;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
oh good call, and as of Friday no longer has a halide over it. Proved to be too much for the algae in my tank. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
lol, you're still using the Osmolator on the tank? lol That's gotta be one of the more high-tech freshwater tanks I know of. :D

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Absolutely why should I have to topoff by hand if I have the osmolator to do it for me. Its also got a two little fishies reactor going. :)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Although they don't appreciate no shows or people who show up without reservations either so try and be courteous.

I always think we're lucky that they're so close to us and open the facility to hand picking fish, inverts and corals, you wouldn't get that from any other major distributer so lets try and keep they happy that they do it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks for the list I might make it. Only question I have gone on a "tour" since 09 (I think) do we need to be present for the full 4 hours or is it the same as the fish club tours?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I believe you have to be there for the start of the tour but after selecting the stuff you want you can leave. Although you'd miss out on the raffle if you do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts