The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 20 tall tank with mixed fresh fish in, i have really lost interest in it since i started my reef, im thinking about selling the fish and everything out of it, and setting it up as a small species fOWLR, was wondering about a suggestion about some cool fish to keep, think a small eel or something cool like that, i havent read any info on any aggresive salt fish, so i dont know where to start, what would you do? thinking maybe a 10gal sump, with just a skimmer. NO lights, sound good to anyone?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theplatypus said:
What about converting it into a planted tank. Or if you have your heart set on another saltwater a mantis tank would be cool.
i was actually just thinking that, im really not sure, im just tired of fresh, maybe a discus tank one day, but this is way to small for that. and i hate ignoring things just cause i lost interest, would rather someone take better care of it, then me just keeping up with them but not interested. mantis would be pretty cool though, or maybe a nice goby/shrimp combo tank, i dont know. might get some coral going too. i can get a light for this tank cheap.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
i know how you feel. i too have become bored with my freshwater tanks since i set up the reef's
i feel bad cause i sit in front of the reef tanks and my freshwater fish are like hey what about us :rotflmao:
ill go to petsmart tomorrow and pick up some tetra's, maybe that will spark my interest again :idea: ....but then again i cant wait until they all die this way i can make their tank yet another reef!! :banana:

what about sea horses? they look fun, are they good for a 20 gallon?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
horses are a great idea, but the dont really tickle my fancy, but thanks.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
There are alot of things that you can do with a 20.
Seahorses is a good idea, but I hope you can handle it. There can be problems with keeping them. Algae blooms and things of that nature. If you know where to get cold water species, you can do a cold water tank.

Matnis tank would be fun, and it could be like a second reef tank also.

aggressive tanks are fun for a while, but they can get boring. I kept a Pirahna tank for a while, with 7 red bellies in it. I raised them since the were less than 1 inch long. Then I got my 20 reef and got rid of them.

I think you should go with a 4 inch sand bed in the 20 and get a pair of watchman gobies and a pistol shrimp.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinking that, or an eel, maybe a mantis, those are what im looking through for now.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
catalina goby temperate species tank.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
a ghost or small snowflake would suffice, but would need larger homes eventually as they grow longer and fatter.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xtopher said:
maybe a coupla non reefsafe wrasses
hmmm, suggestions?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tim224DT said:
:lol: :lol:

How did i know you were going to suggest that.........I second this but not yellow watchman gobies.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tim
It is all part of my master plan Tim. If we get enough people to get Watchmans, then we could start our own club. After that, we take over the world
MUAHAHAHAHA
:banana:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Make it a Frag Tank Fraggit! :) Everyone needs a Frag tank!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marella said:
rock lobster?
that song from the b52's? i dont see how that will fit in a tank....

keri, if its flooded with zoo's it will be a frag tank, also i have that frag box from mala to help! tim, whats the prob with yellow watchmen?>

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BGJ223 said:
Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head now
:funny: :D
AND THE SUN IS A GIANT CLAMMMMMMM!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts