The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 20gal long and currently have a 2x65w PC fixture for lighting. this has been more than enough given the fact that it is about 6.5w per gallon. however i would like to get a MH setup on there for sps and aesthetic purposes. Is there something that i can use with my current setup or do i need a whole new system. the problem is they dont come in the 30" long fixtures. only 24" and 36", 48", 72" etc. what is my solution? get a 36" fixture for so that my future tank will be able to use it? or get a 24"? obviously i will need to hang both of these from the ceiling... any input or stuff for sale let me know.:)

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
you could get something like a 175 watt MH and hang it a little on the high side to get light over the entire tank. That's a pretty shallow tank, that's why I suggested a 175. You could probably keep some sps with the PC's that you already have if you keep them high in the tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hung a 150 watt Hamilton Reefstar with a 14,000k Pheonix and love it... I would definitely suggest you try it.

Here is a picture...

It looks like there are shadows at the ends, but there really isnt... that is just the small sections under my overflows.

Jesse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts