The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK three90s&a125sump asked for these pics. This is my "LFS", although it's not really a store. He has three different systems, all skimmerless. He said all of them combined are at least 20k gallons. Guy is cool as heck. He sold me a bright green mushroom, a bright green striped mushroom and a bubble coral frag for $10 today. I took these photos today, enjoy.

Attachments

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Very cool. Got some more?

I am imagining that he is able to do so well with out a skimmer because of the amount of water that gets changed on a daily basis. My LFS (Eddies) doesn't run a skimmer either but over a weeks period of time he does about a 30% water change meaning he does a 120% water change every month. I am not saying it is the case but it is a possiblilty.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
holy crap is that a hammer coral that looks like a "dome"?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
three90s&125sump said:
holy crap is that a hammer coral that looks like a "dome"?
Ya, it's like basketball size. I didn't ask him about water changes. I'll have to find out.

·
11,345 Posts
WOW, that hammer is AMAZING:bigeek:

I actually picked up a 4 headed one almost exactly that color from sharkys last week...........

It all of a sudden isnt near as cool as i thought it was..... :drool:

wow, thanks for sharing ALL of those pics

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice stuff.. That Rose BTA is very nice.. I can only dream of having a large system like that........
Does he sell to the LFS or online?
That Hammer is very nice also...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The hammer isn't for sale. It's in his front display tank. But that squamosa(sp) is like 14 in. and he said it was $80. Is that cheap?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts