The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently upgraded from a 75 to a 150 Fowlr. I was using a single 4" filter sock which I would change twice a week regardless of if it was clogged or not (nitrate problems). After I upgraded, I was still trying to use a single filter sock but twice the flow didn't agree with the single 4" sock. I already paid $30 for a nice filter sock holder and I have about 20 socks, so I wanted to continue to utilize what I had. At first I noticed that the wrench for my RO-DI filters was the perfect size to mount the socks. I went to Lowes to buy another ($7) when I stumbled on a 3" PVC pipe "J hook." The J hook was $0.92 and fit perfectly! I bought some nylon bolts and nuts to mount it ($1.12) and went home. I mounted the J hook to my existing filter sock holder and put it in the sump. Exerything works perfectly now.
 

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top