The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to take a shot at building a sump out of an old wet dry setup.
I got some plexi glass from H.D. and a cheap cutter, cut some baffles and siliconed them in place. The water flow is under, over, under. I put the baffles pretty much in the middle of the tank. I have room for a skimmer in the first area, and plenty of room for my return pump in the second area. My bubble trap works pretty well but I still have a few bubbles making it through. I am building this for my new 44 gallon that I have just started putting together. I am trying to start this tank with out any balls or sponge filters I just want alot of L.R. for filteration. Any suggestions to help with these bubbles is appreciated I want to work out all the kinks before I get started.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
silly cone is not the best way to attach acrylic to acrylic. it will work for baffles that have equal pressure on both sides, but do not be surprised if 3 months down the road they just fall off.

if you are using silly cone than you need to make massive beads all around the baffle to keep it from pulling away from the glass/acrylic. if it is an acrylic to acrylic bond, than i suggest you getting some Weld-On 16 and doing it the correct way. this is the correct adhesive for acrylic.

G~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts