The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright planning is getting serious. I am working on a few commercial sponsers for prizes, and it should be good. What I need is some people to step up to the plate and host a quick meeting at their house. It will not exceed for more than an hour and you must live within the area of the map.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can comit to it. Once you comit there will be no backing out at the last minute. As I will be having printed material being printed up for the event. The date is set for Oct 21st, it is a saturday and it will run for 4-6 hours. It will be alot of fun, and alot of prizes. I should have a random prize for each stop and one big prize for the end. It will be alot of fun. Fritz has stepped up to the plate for the final stop, but we need 4 more. Please let me know ASAP.

1.Ocean Devotion
2.HermitSolo
4.Clownut's house
5. Fritz's house

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we need two more volunteers!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Any chance you can mark up the map with the current planned locations?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Scott, can you explain how this will work. I was MIA when the PIA thread went on. I tried to follow it, but it was so full of OT crap I gave up. So I see there are separate houses and you end up at one??? I would offer up our trailer but we are outside the "circle of trust" mapped out.:funny:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what will happen is at each stop you will pick up a playing card. at the end of the run you have 5 cards. The person with the best hand wins. This will give people to really interact and see some tanks. I am working on getting some great donations and I should have a random door prize for someone at each stop, and I am still looking for the Grand Prize so if anyone out there is listening and want to donate PM me. There will be a $25 entry fee 100% goes to the club for our speaker or whatever. The whole event will take 5 hours or so, and it will be alot of fun. I was involved with a couple of poker runs where you traveled on boats to various stops and they are alot of fun.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Would a fast car benefit in this other than choice of beer?:D

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
carman34l said:
Well what will happen is at each stop you will pick up a playing card. at the end of the run you have 5 cards. The person with the best hand wins. This will give people to really interact and see some tanks. I am working on getting some great donations and I should have a random door prize for someone at each stop, and I am still looking for the Grand Prize so if anyone out there is listening and want to donate PM me. There will be a $25 entry fee 100% goes to the club for our speaker or whatever. The whole event will take 5 hours or so, and it will be alot of fun. I was involved with a couple of poker runs where you traveled on boats to various stops and they are alot of fun.
Two things I can think of to throw out and you by no means have to listen to either: 1) Will $25 be too much to draw a big turnout? I'm not sure either way. Keep in mind we will have a lot more fundraisers than last year. 2) As soon as things are finalized I would list this in the main forum. With last years speakers and the frag swap, it helps get more people involved (and you have been planning to list it over there all along).

Again, I'm happy to see you run with this and hopefully we can get a couple more volunteers. :)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
redwinger said:
Would a fast car benefit in this other than choice of beer?:D
No more than it already benefits you every day. :dance:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So far here is a list of companies who will be donating to the event:

Ocean Devotion
Premium Aquatics
Keys Critters
Aqua Hub
Dr Fosters & Smith (liveaquaria.com)
Northern Coral Farm

I expect more to come.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tico mike said:
Two things I can think of to throw out and you by no means have to listen to either: 1) Will $25 be too much to draw a big turnout? I'm not sure either way. Keep in mind we will have a lot more fundraisers than last year. 2) As soon as things are finalized I would list this in the main forum. With last years speakers and the frag swap, it helps get more people involved (and you have been planning to list it over there all along).

Again, I'm happy to see you run with this and hopefully we can get a couple more volunteers. :)

Well, the price is still fexible, but I am gathering loads of donations to give away. So alot of people are going to turn a profit or break even with this event. Right now the price stays. As soon as the stops and times are finalized I will be posting this just about everywhere I can.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i have a quick question, i intend to participate but i see a problem, if there are 52 cards in a deck that means you can only have 10 people play = $250, hardly worth it. if you use multiple decks, and two people (unlikly but it can happen) have the same hand, how do you declaire a winner?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rihanssu said:
i have a quick question, i intend to participate but i see a problem, if there are 52 cards in a deck that means you can only have 10 people play = $250, hardly worth it. if you use multiple decks, and two people (unlikly but it can happen) have the same hand, how do you declaire a winner?

I plan on using 4 decks, the odds of having the same hand of someone else is astronomicle. But in the event it were to happen we would go by suits of the cards they have. Spades being the highest.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We still need one more stop!!! Please someone step up!!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
not a big deal to me, but i can see someone getting mad if the rules "or order of suits" were not known before hand. note complaining mind you, just putting it out there

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rihanssu said:
not a big deal to me, but i can see someone getting mad if the rules "or order of suits" were not known before hand. note complaining mind you, just putting it out there
Everything will be in print prior to the event, so if there are any arguing, neither will win.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the map so far as the address for clownut I dont have yet, so if someone has that, LMK. If we could find someone near HermitSolo, or along 35e somewhere for a stop that would be awsome. PLease LMK ASAP.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
wasted tank of gas for one man, a lot of fun for another :rolleyes:

J, how come you are so bitter lately (or why do your posts sound/look so bitter) ?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts