The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang it I missed the rebuild off by five days! I am stuck in the vet hospital most days and can't check this board all the time and this time it cost me. Oh well. I'm still going to have a rebuild thread going, but I won't be included in the contest. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I will post pics as soon as Steve gets the new 150 up. It's currently in a trailor being moved 6 hours NE of me. Here we go....upgrading to 150 AND moving. All by May. Then moving it AGAIN when I find a house!

Michelle :)

Cost so far:
Tank and stand $1300
120 lbs sand $130 (dang LFS pricy)
150 gallon salt bucket $70
Hotel for night (weather conditions with trailor are bad right now for Steve): $60
Trailor to haul tank: $130

Total: $1690. Man I'm retarded. I'm going into a profession that doesn't pay, have no money, $100,000 in student loan debt and deciding that I cannot bear to part with my tank so upgrading and spending some serious cash that I don't have. That's the American way now isn't it??

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You have an interesting story and a passion for this CRAZy hobby, we cannot to see your tank build!!!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Nice set up did you guys notice the beer bottle in the background:thumbup: :lol: Beer is a reef requirment:thumbup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Total: $1690. Man I'm retarded. I'm going into a profession that doesn't pay, have no money, $100,000 in student loan debt and deciding that I cannot bear to part with my tank so upgrading and spending some serious cash that I don't have. That's the American way now isn't it??
Boy that sounds familiar!! And to make it worse I've discovered my 'lectric bills have doubled and water costs have gone through the roof, with only a 55 gallon!!! Good thing I'm faculty and earning millions.....(!) Or perhaps not...

tank looks beautiful BTW. I'm trying to convince Penn they need to organise a student group to put together a giant tank in the auditorium of their brand new building.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like:

God Said:
Let The Water Teem With Living Creatures
Genesis (1:16) maybe?!?
Yep. My father-in-law's a minister and I thought that was a nice touch. It came that way and I think I'm going to leave it. I have seahorse handles on the stand and starfish on the hood. Gorgeous huh? The whole setup was $1300 (included all the lights/ballast/bulbs, etc).
-3 400Watt MH with 10000K bulbs
-2 HO T5 (5 feet long)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts