The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two question if anyone could help me..

1. I just purchased a koralia hydor nano to increase flow cause my stock power-head isn't cutting it. Where is the best place to put it?

2. What is the false floor that people talk about in the back chambers? I did find a plastic screen that popped out of chamber 2. Is that it? or is it a raised floor?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
i would position the KORALIA accordingly to your tank setup. try and minimize dead zones & low flow areas.

i assume the plastic screen you're talking about is the drip tray. the false floor will be under your BIO BALLS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's not the drip tray that was on top.. I took that out. My setup is based with rocks from the center and built up towards the back wall. I think I can figure it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, it's not the drip tray that was on top.. I took that out. My setup is based with rocks from the center and built up towards the back wall. I think I can figure it out. Thanks!

there is a false floor in chamber one. you can pop it out with a butter knife of some needle nose pliers. it's siliconed in place, so you'll have to use a little force. most people remove it to better fit a heater or to be able to clean detrius that settles under it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts