The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14G biocube and I've recently upgraded my lighting and I'm not using the hood anymore. Does anyone know what I could use other than egg crate to keep my fish from jumping out of the tank?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not had the acrylic on my tank for long, but I don't foresee salt creep being a problem. The top is easily removable to be rinsed/wiped off if it does get some salt build up. One thing I wish i did was make the top out of slightly thicker acrylic. I used acrylic that was less than 1/8" thick because I had some laying around and it is warping. The warping is either caused by condensation on the acrylic (which I doubt) or getting warm from the LEDs. Regardless, I am leaving it the way it is, because the warping is minor, and it drastically cut down evaporation.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
10 Posts
What I like about using clear acrylic is that it is basically just a splash guard for your lighting. The light penetrates it like it isn't even there. Personally, I wouldn't use egg crate for that purpose because it a "light diffuser" so it may have an affect on your lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.