The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Wanted to share my aquarium with you as I do not see this tank very often. I have had it for 3 months now.

144 gallon oceanic half circle
140 lbs of Marshall Island rock
Coralife 48" HQI Metal Halide Retro Lights

1-Yellow Tang
1-Foxface
1-Gold Stripe Maroon Clown
1-Saddle Puffer
1-Coral Beauty
1-Six Line Wrasse (MIA for over a month)
1-Sand Sifter Goby (MIA for over a month)
1-Brain Coral
1-BTA (in bad shape due to the "Love" of the clown)
1-Colt Coral
1-Shrooms

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update to my post..

Was having problems with overflow box losing the vacum. Switched to two smaller boxes and makes a HUGE difference!

Also added many new inhabitants to the reef...
Cream Angel
Kole Tang
Blue Throat Trigger
Pink Birdsnest Coral
Blue Linkia Starfish
6-Turbo Snails

Some new pictures..

[/quote]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ken welcome to TRT...Several questions how old is your tank and what type of filtration and skimmer are you using... What part of Florida do you live in? I see you have a bit of an algae bloom going on in the bottom of your tank...what are your water test like? such as Phos.
My tank is about 4 months old. I use sump filtration and have a Super Skimmer 220. I live in Jacksonville, FL. I went out of town for 5 days and when I returned the algea popped up. I replaced my 1 overflow box with 2 and algea cleared up.

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Nice setup KenMax. I'm not far from you and have a bunch of frags, LMK if you need some.

If you already aren't part of it, there is the NFMAS here....Northeast Florida Marine Aquarist Society. It's a local club, I can't go to meetings myself, but always look for others to trade frags with. There are some great tanks here in NE FL, so any help and info is easy to get.

Cool tank again, seems like I've seen one before in one of the LFS.....

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Wow nice shots. May think of ditching the bioballs and using lr rubble instead. The balls can become nitrate factories from what I have been told. I love the different fish you have btw!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice setup KenMax. I'm not far from you and have a bunch of frags, LMK if you need some.

If you already aren't part of it, there is the NFMAS here....Northeast Florida Marine Aquarist Society. It's a local club, I can't go to meetings myself, but always look for others to trade frags with. There are some great tanks here in NE FL, so any help and info is easy to get.

Cool tank again, seems like I've seen one before in one of the LFS.....
Thanks for the info. I just might take you up on the Frags sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.