The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dirk griffin said:
Some have asked how long fish live, I just lost one of my 2 ocellaris clownfish. Bought them in 1992.
Is that one of the two at your house that you were just telling me about last saturday?? :cry:

·
Registered
408 Posts
that sucks dirk!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Don't be sad. They obviously had a long and healthy life... and probably bizarre and interesting over there as well. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
My clowns are only 6 years old, and they were the first saltwater fish I had. Hopefully they have many years to live.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Dirk. I had a piranha I bought when I was 9. At 23 (14 years later) I tried to bring it with me to graduate school from Minnesota to Alabama. It died just outside of Chicago. It was a sad day....

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i think energy has some fish in his system that are really old. he has had them for years.
but if you think about it.... on the reef a fish has a good life if he is not eaten in the first 3 years. he would be an old fish on the reef.

sorry to hear you lost your clown dirk.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I bet clown fish were like 300 dollars way back then! :lol: Sorry to hear of your loss! Were they the ones in the big clam?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts