Spot fin lionfish
Yellow eyed kole tang
Fox face
2-3 lyretail anthias

everything look good?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just really confused lol I see A LOT of saltwater tanks that I question if they are done properly. I'm trying to start this tank without spending $1,000,000. I spend enough money on my tanks as it is and my fiancé will kill me if we shovel out a ton lol I've read a sump can be used in a non drilled tank. Is this true? I just don't want to take advice from an uneducated person.

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Welcome and have fun.
Yes, with a good overflow a sump is quite easily added. Make sure the design will self start after the pump has been turned off and back on to avoid flooding.
Read up on drain types. I highly recommend a Bean Animal, a Herbie at least.
If the tank is not tempered you you can drill it yourself or have it drilled.
There are many ways to set up a saltwater tank. Some will make maintenance more frequent and sometimes a pain.

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
I'm just really confused lol I see A LOT of saltwater tanks that I question if they are done properly. I'm trying to start this tank without spending $1,000,000. I spend enough money on my tanks as it is and my fiancé will kill me if we shovel out a ton lol I've read a sump can be used in a non drilled tank. Is this true? I just don't want to take advice from an uneducated person.
Fluid Organism Underwater Marine biology Font

1 - 4 of 4 Posts