The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got all moved in to my new house, got the basement all finished and was able to get my old tank moved into my new tank last weekend.

This is what the basement looked like when i bought it.....minus the furniture.....

Here's what it looked like when i got done painting.....

Getting ready to put the floors in.......Floors took me 7hrs but worth it!!

Laying out a few pieces to see what it would look like....

Picture of where the 125 gallon tank is going.......and heres the basement floors all finished and tank up and running!!!

Took awhile to get the aquascape that i wanted but i think it turned out good!!! and i really like all the open area for the fish to swim...

I've still have pictures of the sump setup ill post those in a bit.....

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another update.....Got my auto top off all hooked up!!!! Here are some pictures of my set up!!!!

Here is my 15 gallon drum that holds the RO Water.....I drilled a hole in the bottom of the drum and in the shelf its sitting on and ran a line to go into the storage compartment below the drum. The bucket below is there just incase there is a leak when i put the water in the drum.

After i got all that set up i drilled a hole in the corner of the wall to run the line behind the tank and into the sump.

Picture of the sump set up.

And my Wife was out garage saleing over the weeked and found some oars so i got those hung on the wall....just thought i would post a picture of it

And last but not least got a couple new tank mates.....Blue hippo tang and Powder Brown tang.....Love them!!!

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There doing good, first night was bad.......I've got a yellow tang that ive had for about 10 months and he was pissed when i put them in!!!! But now they all swim around together......Right now im battling some parasite or ich on the new tangs so thats not very fun, there eating and swimming around great so keeping a close eye on them dont want to pull them out and stress them out even more. Both of them keep going up to my cleaner shrimp wanting it to clean them but my shrimp just molted so he's trying to stay hidden.......talk about bad timing lol. So today ive soaked there food in garlic, and dosed my tank water with the garlic.......hoping that this will help out.

· Registered
204 Posts
Thank you......Definitely would love to put a bar down there in the future!!!
When I buy a house I want a basement/man cave! Have a dream of having a bar with a tank built into the front, a thin tank, DSB and a mantis shrimp pair, kinda like an ant farm type thing so I can see their burrows! I think that would be awesome!

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I buy a house I want a basement/man cave! Have a dream of having a bar with a tank built into the front, a thin tank, DSB and a mantis shrimp pair, kinda like an ant farm type thing so I can see their burrows! I think that would be awesome!
That would be very cool!!!!!!

That tank and basement look awesome!.. great work there.. :D
and I argree a bigger light would do wonders... haha one thing at time right?
Thank you very much!!! And for the lighting i just got my AI SOLs in and installled last night!!!!!! I've got another lighting thread going that ive been updating.....

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.