The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to set up my tank and have a couple questions on the plumbing. The bulkheads that came with the Overflow accessory Kit has a hose barb end, I wanted to hard plumb part of the system under the tank. Is there a way to do this with these fittings that came with the kit, or do I have to buy BH fittings with a threaded end on them? (If they make such BH fitting.) If those of you with a AGA 120gal tank dont mind, can you post some pics of your tank pumbing?
Thanks....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim, not sure what you mean by "Your bulk heads come with them already glued into them?" I have no BH in my tank. Just the ones that came with the kit, or do you mean that the BH were glued to the kit?

·
Registered
175 Posts
For my 120G AGA with overflows I just ran a few inches of reinforced plastic tubing into hose barbs and used pvc hose barbs that screw into pvc fitting (home depot)and then ran rigid pvc for the rest of the return set up. For the to the sump drains I used flexible hoses.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Personally I would order some standard bulkheads with threaded or slip as needed. Hose barbs are pretty constrictive for flow. Any of our sponsors has them and they are pretty cheap. Order some extras as they are a good thing to have around!

Robert

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What size should I get? The kit I have came with 3 diffrent sizes. I know the 2 holes are diffrent, but why did I get a 3rd BH with my kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts