The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
World Famous Coral!!! ~AO
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what WE were up to early Sunday morning....
We were gonna set it up but now we're thinking of selling this BEAST!!!
PM if seriously interested...

Attachments

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Btw, just wanted to publicly thank Ken (aka "Plumber Ken" as we call him) for masterminding this move. It went so smooth that we actually loaded it in 15 min. and unloaded it in 15 min. So, it only took 30min minus driving time! And, my back is sore but not as sore as it would've been if he hadn't been there.... I am now confident, with Ken's help ofcourse, that we are capable of moving any size tank. As I'm waiting for another super-large tank to come available locally one day;)....

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Chuck you aren't going to be open today are you? LOL i need a Flame Hawkfish to take care of this coral banded shrimp...

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy Cow Chuck! That thing is massive!
Oh man, and HEAVY!!! This tank is literally built like, well, a TANK! Overkill all the way.... I'll post another pic later with something in the tank to show a scale comparison. When I got home last night I sat and stared at it in my basement for atleast an hour! I've known about this tank in the area since 2001 (set up for 3yrs) and kept my ears open for when it came available. One of our clients purchased it used, when it DID come available, with plans to set it up but they decided not too, so we snatched it up! I would like to set it up down in the basement but in reality I'm literally never home and I would get more use out of a big tank at the shop, my real home....

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuck you aren't going to be open today are you? LOL i need a Flame Hawkfish to take care of this coral banded shrimp...
LOL, nah, we're closed on Mondays, but we are open tomorrow and do have one in stock though. He is a little on the small side so he may not eat'm until he gets larger. Can you not entice him out with food and catch'em?

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
i probably could catch her... she's gotten to the point where she's big enough to nip the fins pretty good on my tang. I can't have her attacking my tang at night while it's sleeping. I also think she was responsible for the overnight disappearance of a small group of Chromis a couple months ago...she may be better suited for someone else's predator tank... but not for mine

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
That is an awesome tank! I had seen in another thread about not being able to fit it in the doors of your shop. Thats a bummer. Was wondering though, do you have a glass store front? If so you could have someone come out and remove a pain in order to get it in and it would be much cheaper than new doors. Just thinking of what a great draw that would be for business. Just a thought.

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is an awesome tank! I had seen in another thread about not being able to fit it in the doors of your shop. Thats a bummer. Was wondering though, do you have a glass store front? If so you could have someone come out and remove a pain in order to get it in and it would be much cheaper than new doors. Just thinking of what a great draw that would be for business. Just a thought.
That was our thinking as well and we had two different glass companies come out and tell us that the way everything is outfitted (old storefront) the glass store front would have to be slide back, into the store, in one piece. If we did that, we would be able to get the tank in but then they would be able to slide the front back in place since this huge tank would be in the way. The way the outside is built, the glass front won't slide out the front, without some serious building damage. We may still put in the double doors, as I'm brainstorming on how to get my landlord to absorb the initial expense:D, because it's not everyday you come across a tank with these dimensions, unless you buy a new one and even at a wholesale price (could buy a new car) we would never be able to afford it (come on Powerball). I've always LOVED really tall tanks, excluding lighting them;), because IMO they make better displays as long as you have the depth/width to go along with them.

You guys are dangerous, because you think like me;), and if you don't stop encouraging me we may see this thing in a "build thread" in the near future, lol....

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
The cool thing about that tnk is how you could set it up. A reef o one end and an open water environmen on the other with a transition in between. Thaty would provide a large reef and open water with reduced lightin needs but multiple "biotopes" in one tank. Something Ive always wanted to do.

More to think about!

Hmmm, are there other stores on each side? If so what is the construction of the walls? If you could get it into a neighbors space it may be feasble to knock a hole in the wall and re-patch it...just another thought to get you deeper into it!!!!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
or i could come by and throw a rock through the front glass.. then you could get the tank in and a new front window :)

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, good ideas like that need to be PM'd!!!

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jk of course!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
hey... it's just a theory, now if it really happens.. what can i do about it...LOL i'll just say James did it..LOL

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
WOW!!! That tank is awesome! That is a system that you could really go swimming with the fishes in. I could only dream of having a house, and the finances, that could support a tank like that some day.

Do you know of any local restaraunts that might be interested in having a tank set up?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You gotta deal Rick!! But you gotta buy all your live rock, corals and fish from me to stock it, lol. Let's see, 1000Lbs of rock, and...lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts