The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning my first reef tank and was wondering if I could get some feedback on my ideas. It’s a 120-gallon measuring 4’x2’x2’ my filtration will comprise of an Aqua medic turboflotor 1000 classic protein skimmer, 100lbs of live rock and a plenum. My lighting is 2 x 250watt metal halides + 2 x 54w Blue T5 tubes. Tunze Turbelle power heads and a multicontroller will provide circulation although I haven’t decided on exact quantities and models. I would like to be able to keep a wide range of light demanding corals and clams so I want to make sure my lighting will be adequate and my filtration will be able to handle a reasonable biological load. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Welcome to TRT. What made you decide to go with a plenum?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!!

:wavey:

true plenums do seem to last the longest of the sand bed combinations. you might want to do a bit of research on the various types of substrates used in aquariums before you decide. they all have their pros/cons.

the equipment choices seem about right. the more SPS you go the more flow that will be needed. the harder it will be to get the flow if you have sand of any kind in the tank.

G~

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just noticed the poster is from Australia. Wouldn't investing in some scuba gear be better? I'd be glad to teach you for an invite :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
good looking plan so far

you have come to the right place :wavey: TRT :wavey:
:beer:

pssst i also got a membership with ultimate reef and i repost there when i dont get a relpy witch never happens :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts