The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of converting my 55 gallon planted to FOWLR. I have two of the fixtures side by side.
48 inch Current USA Nova Extreme 2x54 watt T5 HO 10K/Freshwater

SlimPaq 10,000K T5HO - A powerful, penetrating full spectrum lamp replicating sunlight found on living coral reefs. Exceptional high lumen output concentrated between 400-480nm stimulates zooxanthellae production increasing both coral and invertebrate growth
SlimPaq Freshwater T5HO (Freshwater models only) - A bright pinkish hue lamp emits the ideal light energy and spectrum required by freshwater plants for photosynthesis. High color rendition enhances the brilliant colors in freshwater fish and brings out the lush green in plants

So here is my big question... Do I have any negatives with running the pink hue bulbs with the 10k? bad algae problems? Coraline not able to grow? ect....

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying berger, I do understand it will do nothing for my aquarium but setting up yet another saltwater aquarium I lack the funds atm to get new actinic bulbs. All I am really trying to see is if the pink grow lights will give me a huge algae bloom, and if the Coraline can survive until I get new bulbs.

· My own ocean
1,663 Posts
I've never tried the pink bulbs, it is obviously not a natural color spectrum for saltwater, so it could go either way. I dont think it will cause any major problems temporarily though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.