The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Skimmer and Reactor
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 10 gal, stand, HOB filter, 96w PC light, extra bulb, heater, live substrate and LR all in beautiful shape ready to go. Just add water.

This is what it used to look like:

But I made some changes - added two large pieces of LR (probably 15 or so pounds total) instead of small ones and removed the two powerheads and upgraded the HOB filter so there is plenty of flow.

The stand is iron. The light has a bulb that is maybe four or five months old and a new one to put in when it's time.

I changed all the livestock over to a larger cube. It used to house Fluffy, my scorpion fish, but Fluffy has moved up to the cube.

This is perfect for a student or beginner. Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out the details.

Melissa

·
Skimmer and Reactor
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in southeast Atlanta, just inside the perimeter. I'm not sure how far Athens is from me, but I'm very close to the airport or the zoo (conveniently, as I really do belong there).

I'm cleaning up everything right now, so it's basically ready to go.

If you'd like to come up on a Sunday to see it, let me know.

Melissa

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
Melissa...does the new cube have the 250w pendant? I'd love to see a pic of the setup if so. :D Do you still have plans to set up a clown/carpet tank, or has fluffy changed that?

Oh, and G'day from down under!

·
Skimmer and Reactor
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Kayla! How's the summer abroad going?

I do have the pendant over the cube and it looks good, except I have to figure out how to clean the acrylic without scratching it. There are some spots of coraline on it right now. Then I'll take a photo. Oh, and I got the 150 w, I believe. :D

Yes, Fluffy has laid claim to the cube, so I think we'll skip the carpet anemone/clowns. I do have a huge tube anemone in there, though. Does that count?
Melissa

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
Melissa said:
Hey, Kayla! How's the summer abroad going?

I do have the pendant over the cube and it looks good, except I have to figure out how to clean the acrylic without scratching it. There are some spots of coraline on it right now. Then I'll take a photo. Oh, and I got the 150 w, I believe. :D

Yes, Fluffy has laid claim to the cube, so I think we'll skip the carpet anemone/clowns. I do have a huge tube anemone in there, though. Does that count?
Melissa
It's going very well, thanks! Australia is everything I imagined and so much more. I can't even begin to describe diving in the Great Barrier Reef, but I'm sure you have an idea of how amazing that was for a fish geek like me...a dream come true.

Yes, acrylic scratches too darn easy! I think every time I blink, more blemishes appear on mine. I do have a small scraper from Kent Marine that works really well, but it requires some extra effort to remove the corraline. I wouldn't use a credit card on acrylic--they can still scratch quite easily if you're not super careful.

The tube anemone certainly counts--they are pretty cool critters as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts