The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
300 Gallon Reef Tank
2,097 Posts
What do you plan on doing with the tank? Is it for fish only or will you be adding live rock and coral? It is an extremely small tank. Even to use it as a sump for a larger tank. Smaller tanks require you to be on your game as far as checking parameters. One thing goes wacky and the entire tank is effected quickly.

·
r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,210 Posts
As said, what would you like to keep? Are you thinking fish only or a reef tank? I kept a 10 gallon reef for a year and it honestly wasn't too terribly hard. Biggest things with small tanks are topoff and water changes. As long as you top off your tank daily (or set up an auto topoff system) and do weekly waterchanges of 10 - 20%, everything else with a nano reef pretty much cares for itself. Welcome to TRT and ask all the questions you need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like 2 yellow-tailed blue damsels a pulsing Xenia assortment of polyps and a asorted mushroom colony is that good or thumbs down?

·
300 Gallon Reef Tank
2,097 Posts
The damsels get territorial and are a bit aggressive. I would go with a more passive fish for a 10 gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts