The Reef Tank banner

Taking a poll - What do you think the "optimum" reef tank temp. should be?

Tags
sps tank
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Blake 
#1 ·
ERROR

[This message has been edited by Pegasis (edited 02-12-2001).]

#2 ·
Pega,

I'm going to guess that you're going to get a lot of different answers to this question as well.

I keep my tank at about 78 degrees most of the time. in the winter, i keep it at about 76, and summer, i keep it at 80.

#4 ·
I think in view of whats been posted and bandied about on the Big Boards, 80 F is a pretty good safe compromise. Thats what I strive for in my soft coral tank. Without central heating though it can drop to 79 in winter and with the fans and the amount ao evaporation possible with a 75g tank and 55g sump 82 or less in the hottest part of summer is about max, though I have had smaller systems go higher for short periods of time

------------------
I dont advocate holding marine creatures for ransom but......since you asked:)
Doug, plank owner
http://hellreef.homestead.com/index.html
www.thereeftank.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000001.html

#5 ·
I really would say that it depends on what you want in your tank... my 75gal is set as a sps tank... temps get about 74 at night, and raise to 80 durring the day. some studdies have shown that the cooler temps give you better color, while higher temps give faster growth. I really used to be a staunch no-temp-flux beliver, but through reading, and seeing Horge post some on the actual temps of natural reefs, dont worry as much. all my fish are fine, and the corals look great.

Gene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.