The Reef Tank banner
1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PatTheAttack 
#1 ·
I have a question for anyone who might know. I brought home another clown fish- smaller one but the same kind and after a week the small one died and "Wiggles" won't eat. Its been 3 days now since the small one died. I'm worried he may be sick. Help!!!!!!Thank you

#2 ·
Originally posted by PatTheAttack:
I have a question for anyone who might know. I brought home another clown fish- smaller one but the same kind and after a week the small one died and "Wiggles" won't eat. Its been 3 days now since the small one died. I'm worried he may be sick. Help!!!!!!Thank you
I mean 3 days since Wiggles has eaten.

#5 ·
#6 ·
The tank is a year old. Would a finger anemone have stung my clown fish? I have had the finger anemone for a couple of weeks and Wiggles my clown fish for 5 months. The anenome moves around in the tank as is their nature to do. I added a few pieces of live rock from my husband's reef tank which were fully cured and added a royal grammas which I named half and half. Was the royal grammas to aggressive toward my clown fish and caused him to go to clown heaven? I would appreciate any advice or suggestion on this matter. Thank you Pat The Attack

#7 ·
Pat can you be more specific as to the ID of the finger anemone. Clowns arent automatically immune and not all anemones will host

The royal gramma can be territorial or just fiesty when establishing its niche. Then again the clown may have suffered long term effects from capture ofr any number of other things may have caused its demise, sorry I'm not much help

------------------
I dont advocate holding marine creatures for ransom but......since you asked:)
Doug, plank owner
http://hellreef.homestead.com/index.html
www.thereeftank.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000001.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.