The Reef Tank banner

Looking for

826 views 8 replies 1 participant last post by  lilolme 
#1 ·
Hi this is my first post on here and I am looking for a drawing of how to plumb a skimmer into a sump any help?

lilolme

#3 ·
Well heheh I now use a skimmer in my sump but.... is one of the cheap ones uses a air pump and I was considering building a new sump with a skimmer. Doesnt matter what kind it is as long as it does a good job.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by lilolme (edited 12-02-2000).]

G
#4 ·
sumps are pretty easy, a aquarim is easy to partition off if needed, Or you can buy one of the really hightech units like a Life Reef altho I dont see the need for a lot of the features. Sumps can be anything big enuff to do the job. Skimmers on the other hand are kinda spendy to build a super model unless you have access to materiels wholesale. Most people who build decent ones admit by the time they get it dialed in they almost paid for a readymade, But there are lots of DIY skimmers out there. What size tank are you looking to skim?

------------------
I thought I was me, but we were wrong
email: geeflipr@internetcds.com

#5 ·
I have a 38 gal acrilic and it has a 10 gal sump. I just would like to hav a bigger sump to one day put frags and LR in. I have about 25 lbs of LR now and a CC bottom. Bio load is 1 yellow damsil and a fire fish. The damsil isnt long for my tank if I can ever catch him hhehe. The skimmer would more than likely need to be on the outside of the sump if I have LR and frags inside it.

Jeff

G
#6 ·
Jeff do you have room for a 20 long 30x12x12
Thats what Used for sump on my 55. room for skimmer and return and a frag rack. Why not one of the new urchins by Aqua C, its in sump version of Remora skimmer or the pro model should handle up to 75 if you upgrade. I'm seriously considering the EV 90 for my new 75

------------------
I thought I was me, but we were wrong
email: geeflipr@internetcds.com

#7 ·
got a link?

Jeff
ps thanks for your time I really appreciate it. Are you on msn messenger? if so we are jeffandpattie on there.

[This message has been edited by lilolme (edited 12-03-2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.