The Reef Tank banner

available in San Jose, CA: 125 reef tank

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wuelfman 
#1 ·
I am breaking down my reef tank. It's been up for, gosh, 8 years I think. The corals in the tank have been there for several years. I want to find a good home for the corals first, then get rid of the equipment.

Pics are at:

http://www.siberian.com/reef/

I am in San Jose, CA. Locals only please, I don't want to ship anything. I am not looking to make any money, I just want to give the corals a good home and reclaim the floor space in my office.

Please contact me at
edjames@siberian.com

Thanks. --ed

See less See more
#4 ·
Hadn't really given it much thought. I mostly want to get it out of my office. Here's a breakdown.

Tank is 125 gal plexi, 60"w x 24" h x 18" front-to-back, with 6"x6" overflow column in the back left corner. Black back. Tenecor I think.

Furniture is an oak 3-door with hood.

Lighting is by 96watt Custom Sea Life power compacts (2 ballasts, 4 lights total, each about 33" long and u-shaped).

Sump is Tru-Flo, not sure how big. No bio system in the sump, just use it for overflow.

Protein skimmer is a Conquest with a venturi driven by a submersible pump.

Calcium reactor is Knop Model C with a 10# CO2 tank (advanced reef?) with solenoid, regulator, needle valve.

Main pump is an Iwaki MD30R.. rated at 960 gph.

Chiller is Aquanetics ASC-3A.

Wavemaker is made by Tsunami.

Aquacontroller is by Neptune Systems and has temp, orp and pH probes.

I'll take about 30% of retail for equivalent equipment.

item retail my price

Tank 600 180
Lighting 500 150
Sump 150 45
Protein-Skimmer 100 30
Calcium-Reactor 250 75
10#-CO2-tank 300 90
Main-Pump 200 60
Chiller 800 240
Wavemaker 150 45
Aquacontroller 450 135

total 3500 1050

However, if you show up with a pickup truck and haul it all away with minimal issues, I'll be happy to make a better deal.

The same for the animals. Figuring street prices of $20->$100, I'll take $4->$30 (or much less if you take them all and have a good home). Also, I will sell the animals first and foremost, since the rest can just sit in my garage for the rest of my life.

There is a lot of live rock, no sand.

--ed

#5 ·
i think i might be interested in the following
Calcium reactor is Knop Model C with a 10# CO2 tank (advanced reef?) with solenoid, regulator, needle valve.
Aquacontroller is by Neptune Systems and has temp, orp and pH probes.
Main pump is an Iwaki MD30R.. rated at 960 gph
Wavemaker is made by Tsunami.
Chiller is Aquanetics ASC-3A.(mabe)
live rock (all and how much?)
corals (mabe)
as the rock is not listed
could you you e-mail me a price ?
i just ordered a custom 225 + i have 3 tanks setup so dont need those
i could pick up sunday

let me know
paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.