The Reef Tank banner

Reef Tank Newcomer

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Alice 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Johnny and I live in Missoula Montana and I really enjoy reef aquriums. I have a 72gal bow front reef tank which I am in the process of tearing down and giving to my son Douglas. I am in the process of sitting up a rectangular 80gal reef tank. I have started with a DSB of about 5" and is seeded with l2lbs of live sand. My DSB has a thin layer of crush coral, 50lbs of Aragonite, 120lbs of aragamax. I plan of transfering my live rock from my other tank(about 120lbs)and plan to have plenty of water movement when completed. I want my reef to do the work as it was design to do. I hope to learn more from this forum in the future and happy to be aboard. Johnny

#2 ·
#5 ·
My new reef tank is clearing up rather nicely(water) so will start putting in my live rock tomorrow. My son Douglas plans on using the 72gal tank for fresh water. He knows if he can set up and maintain a fresh water tank he will have the confidence to do a reef tank. He can't wait to get the tank and get started! Patience I hope he learns now before he gets into saltwater tanks. Ha!!!! My son is 28yrs. old but he doesn't have the kid in him like his 53yr old dad. We are best of friends and I love him. Thanks to everyone who answer this article and to those who will. MontanaRocknReefer Johnny

#6 ·
Welcome Johnny!

I have friends outside of Thompson Falls..they aren't into reef tanks, though

It's great to have you here; sounds like you've got all your ducks in a row with your new tank. Ask away if you need any help and feel free to jump in if you can help someone else.

~Alice

------------------
Reefkeeping is my life; I can't afford a hobby too! My specs: www.thereeftank.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000029.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.