The Reef Tank banner

Your thoughts on converting to vBulletin

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Brooke 
#1 ·
Hi gang-

I'm seriously considering changing us over to vBulletin. I installed the free demo, to see if our server can run it, and it is working just fine.

The plus is that we would be able to move our members and our threads into vbulletin.

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Brooke

#5 ·
we're on a unix server, platapus. I don't know if I can help you or not. what bb are you trying to install???

Ok, here is an update. The vBulletin board is up and working on our server. I was able to import members, but not the threads...so I'm still working on that. When vbulletin is up and working, we'll close this one and give vBulletin a try. I'm sure you guys will love it, I just want to make sure the server can handle it

I'll keep the UBB on the server until we decide which way to go.

So, i'll let you all know when we can use the new bb.

Thanks-
Brooke

#8 ·
Fair warning, Brooke...

When RC switched to vB from UBB, a lot of the archive threads ported in were screwed royally, as in posts within a thread were out of order/jumbled up. So.. someone may have to go in after the switch and rearrange posts in archived threads.

Anyway, vB seems okay.
If there's a speed dividend, so much the better

Goooooo, Broooookie!!!

#9 ·
Yes Horge, of course there is always that risk...but RC changed over when vB. first came out. I'm hoping they have improved the interface. We'll find out real soon, won't we!

Brooke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.