The Reef Tank banner

so, how long has everyone been reefkeeping for

3K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  cath 
#1 ·
i havnt been in the reef hobby for too long. i am constantly reading and getting ideas from others. anyway i was just wondering how long people that post here have been in the hobby for?

#9 ·
I'm not technically a reefer since my 8 yo daughter actually owns "our" tank but we've been into aquaria since she was 3 and reefing since she was not quite 6.
Seriously, the whole reef project was her idea and I thank her for getting me into this fascinating hobby.
Tonight, we spent some time checking the tank; reviewing P&B for some likely new coral addtions and she sat on my lap as we checked the posts on TRT.
Dick

#11 ·
I've been into the FW hobby off and on (once had 8 tanks in a one bedroom apt) for about 30 years. Started a reef about a year and a half ago. I'm hoping that in a few years we'll be keeping more tank raised critters, just like our FW comrades.

BA

#14 ·
About seven years marine and six of it hardcore reefin!
Fudge.
Hey Dale,good to see ya on this board.

#18 ·
Boy, am I a newbie on this post! I've had my 29 up and going since this past June, and have been gradually (as the moderators have declared
) adding things. Now I have some happy polyps and shrooms. I may buy a fish this weekend. Yeee Hawww!

I've gotta give viele danke for all the help and support from everyone I've met on this board and throught the net!

------------------
Cath

-La Dolce Vita

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.