The Reef Tank banner
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Doug1 
#1 ·
I need a new skimmer for my 29 gallon tank does anyone have suggestions for a good hang on model. has anyone got a opinion on the red sea prizm. thanks

Keith

#2 ·
since i was in the market for a skimmer a while back, i have recently done a ton of review reading and the winner for me was the aqua-c. they have a hang on called the "remora".

im sure a lot of readers that own a hang on will post some ideas for you...also try searching the board. it is priceless, and you'll find a lot to read.

#3 ·
Keith,
I, too, went thru the skimmer selection process this past Fall. The Knop on my 55 broke and I was setting up a new 38 so I had two to buy.
I put a Remora on the 55 and a BakPak2R on the 38. After running these two for 3 months now, the Remora wins! I wish now I'd bought a Remora for the 38 as well, but the BakPak is doing ok. I would recommend the Remora for anything up to a 55.
I've read reports on the Prizm but have no experience with them.
HTH
Dick

#4 ·
I have a CPR bakpak2R on my 29 gallon tank. It seems to be doing very well. I have heard many many good things about the Remora skimmers as well. You probably won't go wrong with either of these.

Andrew

#5 ·
Either the BakPak or Remora should work fine, I havent heard much either way on the Prizm, tho my LFS is getting one and will put it on a 29 SPS tank, curious to see if it lives up to its hype, if it does it should be a great skimmer for small reefs, as I recall its only 2.5 inches thick

------------------
I dont advocate holding marine creatures for ransom but......since you asked:)
Doug, plank owner
http://hellreef.homestead.com/index.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.