The Reef Tank banner
16K views 136 replies 36 participants last post by  chucky2g 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Astraea Snail and Mushroom

The mushroom is a hitchhiker that came on the rock. It's in the fuge right now so the lighting is not so bright. I didn't want to kill it after such a long trip with no water.

The snail looks pretty next to the colorful rock.

Attachments

#6 ·
Hi, Bob,

I'm working on a list right now. Here are my ideas:

1. Fairy Wrasse - looking for one or a pair and I haven't decided on species (top already covered with eggcrate)
2. Pair of clowns - either skunks or oscellaris
3. Mandarin dragonet
4. Goby - bicolor, yellow watchman, clown or helfrich (one or pair)
5. Tang - haven't decided on this yet but probably small species
6. Anthia - one lyretail
7. Peppermint shrimp - 2 or more
8. Cleaner shrimp - 2
9. Fire shrimp - 2
10. Conch - hopefully a strawberry
11. Decorator crab - maybe

I'm also thinking I might like to have a basslet. This list will evolve in time. I'd like to have fun with it and take my time. I'm struggling with the decision on a tang. I have a large enough aquarium for some but not large enough for others. I like the Vlamingi, but don't want to have to relocate fish that outgrow my tank. If anyone sees any potential problems with the list above, please let me know.

I do have a varied and rather large pod population, so I know a mandarin would be happy munching all day. I see large amphipods crawling in and out of the rock all the time. There are lots in the fuge, too.

Kayla,
Thanks, dude! I'm looking forward to adding some stuff to it - including those zoos! I guess I should decide where to put that rock, huh?

Melissa

#10 ·
Joel,
Thank you - I'm going to start an album here some day.

Kayla,
YAY! Thanks for ordering that for me. I appreciate it. I added some astraea snails so it should be ok to go ahead and add the strawberry.

Ryan,
Thanks, I'm really enjoying it. Things are moving along pretty smoothly. I ordered a Tunze Stream, so I'll likely be removing the powerheads when that comes it - hopefully next week. It moves up to 1800 gph and has a controller with it. I'm pretty excited about that.

Melissa

#24 ·
Yes - it is a live coral that the crab carries around with him. I found it at FS&M. The price was high, but I got him during their anniversary sale, so it wasn't so bad. To feed him, I have to put him in a specimin container and give him is food, so the shrimp in the tank don't steal it away. It's a PITA, but oh, well. He's fun to watch, though.

Melissa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.