The Reef Tank banner

Mini Brittle Starfish Spawn

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  dmb326 
#1 ·
My mini brittle starfish never come out of their rocks. I normally do a 10 gallon water change weekly with a 20 gallon change once a month or so on my 75 gallon.

Tank has been up and running since February and at this water change - all the starfish came out and climbed to the top of the rocks to spawn.

I was nervous because I was afraid it might be a stress induced thing since they have never come out of the rocks.

What do you guys think? Parameters look like how I've always kept them, temp the same. The only thing different is I changed salt mix brands.

#2 ·
2 things... where do you get these and how big do they get? And my guess is that the different brand was enough of a change for them to come out... and honestly a little stress doesn't really harm anything... provided it's not constant

#3 ·
Where do I get these? Meaning the types of salt? I just picked up some fluval from the lfs.
I have two types of Xenia and the single arms (not the tree kind) has been looking limp but I think it started to get better as of yesterday. So I ordered an iodine kit to see if they're getting what they need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.