The Reef Tank banner

Where you at central kentucky

Tags
kentucky
5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ponypaw 
#1 ·
Hello all,
i been lurking in the shadows of the forums since i started my saltwater tank. I am in frankfort and drive to lex to get stuff for my fish and corals. i only know of 2 places that have live fish and corals in this area. incredipet and mvp pets. are there any others in local area? how many people are in this area are reefers? Where are you at ? We need to talk so we can help each other out and stuff. well if your in the area lets get central kentucky reefers together and help each other.

scott

#2 ·
Agreed scott! Im in louisville but work in Shelbyville, so we arent to far apart.

I get most everything i need from Sandy's petshop in Louisville and it is a great place but I guess a little far from you. I have only been in slatwater for about 6 mnths but am getting a nice assortment of corals, inverts and mushrooms. Its alot harder when you dont have anyone to exchange with and everything has to be bought.

Anyway, I'll get a list together of what i have and maybe we can work out a frag exchange one day soon!

~Nick

#5 ·
wow there is life on here

Yes a trade some times might be cool, i just been doing saltwater for about 8 months, and cut a few limbs of a leather tree the peices seem to be doing ok, i will try and post some pics soon. and only store here in frankfort is freshwater fish, they did salt a long time ago from what i understand and unless they jumped back into it since i went there a month ago. they did say they would order stuff for me but think cheaper to order my own supplies online and deal with the drive to lexington for live fish.

#7 ·
The Louisville area has a few stores that have saltwater:

-Feeders Supply on Brownsboro Rd.. Close to 71/Gene Snyder

-Sandy's on Poplar Level

-Green Tree in Clarksville, IN

-Aquatica Reef Supply- Google them for their website- I'd be sure to call first for hours and make sure they will actually be there. It's purely saltwater and we have gotten some decent frags here. He definitely has more than any of the other saltwater LFS around town. Downside is that the guy who works there sits in his office and pretty much only acknowledges you when you walk in the door. If you want something, you have to seek him down. So pretty much no customer service there... all the other stores in the Louisville area have pretty decent customer service.

#8 ·
Hello all,
i been lurking in the shadows of the forums since i started my saltwater tank. I am in frankfort and drive to lex to get stuff for my fish and corals. i only know of 2 places that have live fish and corals in this area. incredipet and mvp pets. are there any others in local area? how many people are in this area are reefers? Where are you at ? We need to talk so we can help each other out and stuff. well if your in the area lets get central kentucky reefers together and help each other.

scott
I live in Eastern Kentucky and your right, those are the only places that I have found that has corals and they are very expensive. It takes me about two hours to drive there and when I do they never have what they show on their website. Im all about helping each other, but I am only about 2 months into SW tanks. What's your set up?

#9 ·
I live in Richmond and I am going to share a sort of secret lol. There is a LFS here that has a small amount of coral and other SW stuff for sale. Their coral section has frags for $5. It was part of what I got back into SW for, I can't resist. XD I do not know how much variety there is, and they do have bigger pieces too. More money obviously. But yeah, there ya go. It's the Animal House. They don't have a website. I've just been shopping there since I was a kid so I am quite familiar with the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.