The Reef Tank banner

Anemone ID?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chrisd 
#1 ·
Attached to some live rock I purchased about 5 months ago is what I think is an anemone. The part he was on was actually burried for 2 months before I rearranged the rock and discovered him. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.
But he is clear with white spots and white pointed tips; about 1-1.5 inches in diameter with a central disk and arms of varying lengths around it. I just got a clown for my BTA that for some reason likes to always be within 4-6 inches of the other anemone. But I noticed today that the clown is feeding both anemones. Can anyone ID? Curlicue?

#2 ·
Attached to some live rock I purchased about 5 months ago is what I think is an anemone. The part he was on was actually burried for 2 months before I rearranged the rock and discovered him. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.
But he is clear with white spots and white pointed tips; about 1-1.5 inches in diameter with a central disk and arms of varying lengths around it. I just got a clown for my BTA that for some reason likes to always be within 4-6 inches of the other anemone. But I noticed today that the clown is feeding both anemones. Can anyone ID? Curlicue?
Kinda sounds like an apstasia which wouldn't be good... but maybe somehow it's a curly Q which would be better, but being a hitch hicker in live rock, I come closer to saying an apstasia.. :read:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.